Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Well I knew that, I just didn't expect you to remember it.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Well I knew that, I just didn't expect you to remember it.
Unfortunately, I have all sorts of useless information stuck in my brain.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Unfortunately, I have all sorts of useless information stuck in my brain.
Useless now, but potentially valuable to the LU Quiz Bowl team!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BREAKING NEWS!--Fumble has decided to strap on a red polo to play for LU's varsity Quiz Bowl team in 2007-2008. We are losing 2 seniors to graduation (Dallas Shipp & Zach Smith), and we have recruited Fumble to start as our first-ever graduate student on the team. We finished 5th in regionals this year in Knoxville and are looking to move up higher next year under Fumble's knowledge & leadership.
:bowdown Study
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Thanks...I am looking forward to it.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Prof. Fumblerooskies Dominates in 1st Scrimmage Game

Fumble definitely had his A-Game last night. He suited up with the JV squad against the 2-time Big South Conference champion varsity team and led all scorers with 40 points, and none of those came from sports-related questions.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Aw shucks :oops:

Actually, I also led both teams in the number of WRONG answers which cost the team -5 points a pop, too. Just a little quick on the trigger last night (insert your own snappy comment here).
By mechildress
Registration Days Posts
Don't worry Fumble! You should have seen our varsity team last week. I think all of us are a little rusty from the summer break.

Besides, just ask Cider about our fast trigger from last year. I am sure you will get the hang of things.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote: Just a little quick on the trigger last night (insert your own snappy comment here).
betting HAIZE could get you something to help out with that problem.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Now THAT'S the type of snappy comment I was hoping for when I set it up!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
glad I could help out
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Fumble, wrong answers aren't deducted -5 unless you try to answer before the question is completed, so don't jump the gun unless you are absolutely positive of your answer. In other words, if you answer and miss after the question is read, no minus points.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
How do you guys train, Cider? Does the "league" provide you with materials that encompass content from question areas or do you simply cull resources from magazines/newspapers (for current events), encyclopedia/wikipedia content, etc.?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
We have a budget to purchase questions from the NAQT and College bowl to use in both practice and for our on-campus tournaments.

We train harder than probably any team in the conference. We're the Big South Champs 2 years' running just because we earned it. We practice one hour a week, every Tuesday night from 7:00-8:00, which gives us enough time to play 2 practice games and discuss strategy and technique. Plus, Fumble has taken it upon himself to commit a world atlas to memory for our geography questions.
(I have this picture of him in my mind of watching football games on TV and then studying his atlas during commercials). Study
By cello18
Registration Days
Cider Jim wrote:(I have this picture of him in my mind of watching football games on TV and then studying his atlas during commercials). Study
LOL! I don't check this very often, but this line made me bust up :lol:. (substitute a textbook for the atlas, and baseball for football -- that was me last summer!)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Fumble leads JV team to victory over the BSC champion varsity squad
In the second scrimmage of the evening, the Fumble-led JV team defeated the varsity team soundly by score of 150-65. Fumble led all scorers with 30 points. The game was not without controversy, however, as Fumble confidently answered a question regarding NBA uniforms that was initially rejected by the reader, but was eventually over-turned by the judge, after much protest.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I've finally conceded to having Quiz Bowl on here. I don't wanna hear about JV though.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Super, Quiz Bowl is the "varsity sport of the mind," and the JV team is who the varsity has to practice against, but next week Fumble is "movin' on up" to play one scrimmage game on the varsity squad.

While you, Bryson, & JDUB will be in Toledo over Fall Break, our Quiz Bowl team will be playing at a tournament at William & Mary against these colleges:

The Citadel
Virginia Tech
Penn
VCU
UMD
SVU (who won the regionals last year at UT-K)
Duke
W&M
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
cello18: I think you've got the best avatar I've seen thus far. Nicely done.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Super, Quiz Bowl is the "varsity sport of the mind," and the JV team is who the varsity has to practice against, but next week Fumble is "movin' on up" to play one scrimmage game on the varsity squad.

While you, Bryson, & JDUB will be in Toledo over Fall Break, our Quiz Bowl team will be playing at a tournament at William & Mary against these colleges:

The Citadel
Virginia Tech
Penn
VCU
UMD
SVU (who won the regionals last year at UT-K)
Duke
W&M
Good luck...our women's tennis team is going to be at a tourney VTech, so if it wasn't for that, I'd definitely be at W&M to cheer you guys on to victory and intimidate the other teams with my spitball sniper skills.
By cello18
Registration Days
El Scorcho wrote:cello18: I think you've got the best avatar I've seen thus far. Nicely done.
Thanks. I don't get out with my camera much, but that's a personal favorite of mine.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Varsity Team Outscores JV, 400 - 35
In what is likely the most lopsided victory in LU Quiz Bowl history, the Fumble-led varsity squad out-scored the JV team 400 to 35. In 2 weeks, we will be playing in the William & Mary tournament against Duke, UNC, UMBC, NC State, among others.

Based on how we played tonight, I'll really be interested to see how we play against some ACC teams. And here's to hoping that the Quiz Bowl team can defeat W&M to avenge Saturday's loss in football.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
I just want a crack at the FACULTY team this year. :twisted:
By mechildress
Registration Days Posts
Fumblerooskies wrote:I just want a crack at the FACULTY team this year. :twisted:
With them or against them?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]