Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Thelaxman
This is games this week in the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse Conference with additional contests with Teams from the LSA Conference and the WCLL.

Week 2
Division A
Sat 18-Feb Utah@ Chico State 2:00pm
Sun 19-Feb Utah@ Chapman 2:00pm

Division B
Thu16-Feb Fort Lewis@ Texas-Arlington 7:30pm
Fri 17-Feb Fort Lewis@ Texas-Austin 7:30pm
Sat 18-Feb Fort Lewis@ Southwestern University 11:00am
Sat 18-Feb Northern Colorado@ Claremont 11:00am
Sat 18-Feb Regis University@ Colorado School of Mines 2:00pm
Sat 18-Feb Northern Colorado@ San Diego 5:00pm
Sun 19-Feb Northern Colorado@ UC Irvine 2:00pm

All UofU and UNC games are at UC Irvine. All Fort games are at Arlington Texas. Welcome to the RMLC Regis.
Last edited by Thelaxman on February 16th, 2006, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Thelaxman
Some more games this week.

Date Away Home
2/16 Chico State vs Chapman
2/17 Pepperdine vs Biola
2/17 Simon Fraser vs Arizona State
2/17 Minnesota - Duluth vs Saint Olaf College
2/17 Bethel College vs MSU-Mankato
2/17 Saint Johns vs UC-Irvine
2/17 SMU vs Missouri State
2/17 Auburn vs Lindenwood
2/17 Georgia vs Florida State
2/17 Ball State vs East Carolina
2/18 Texas State vs UC-Davis
2/18 Pacific Lutheran vs UC-Irvine
2/18 Santa Clara vs San Diego State
2/18 Lynchburg College Club vs Liberty 1PM
By Guest
The NCLL site which is the League the Lynchburg Club Team plays in has the game listed at Williams Stadium 1Pm.

Here is the Link, http://www.ncllax.com/ScheduleResults.aspx

The NCLL is the other Club League which handles Schools in the Middle Atlantic, NorthEast and New England area that mainly already have an NCAA Lacrosse program at their School. They do not follow NCAA rules and do not have as strict guildlines as the USL MDIA www.uslia.com . In the USL MDIA you can not be a member if your Institution already has an NCAA Varsity program. So the NCLL is mainly in the Northeast and Middle Atlantic region where most NCAA programs reside and the USL MDIA is in the rest of the country. But their are programs like University of New Hampshire, Boston College, Bridgeport College, Pitt, West Virginia and so on that are in the Middle Atlantic and Northeast region in the heart of the NCLL and NCAA country. The NCLL has most of their teams at Schools like Lynchburg that already have an NCAA program at their School. One day this Title 9 thing will be taken care of as Lacrosse is now the fastest growing sport in America.

Thelaxman
By Thelaxman
Scores:

In the SELC:

Division A

Florida State 14 Georgia 5
Tennessee 18 Kennesaw State 8
Lindenwood 14 Auburn 9
East Carolina 14 Ball State 6

From around the Country:

Division A

Chapman 14 Chico St 5
UC Santa Barbara 9 Cal Poly SLO 5
UC Santa Barbara 10 Chapman 9
Minnesota Duluth 18 St. Olaf College 4 Div.B
SMU 7 Missouri State 6 Div.B
Stanford 13 Oregon State 11
San Diego State 9 Pepperdine 5 Div.B

Division B

Ft.Lewis College 11 Texas Arlington 9

Great job for the Fort! Ft. Lewis College out of Durango Colorado picked up an out of conference win in Texas. Durango is also in the mighty Southwest and is only a 3 hour drive from Albuquerque. Also out West Chapman makes some noise by going into a double overtime with Division A National Champion UC Santa Barbara. Chapman is for real and may be the dark horse for the national Championship later this year in Dallas. SMU had a tough game with Missouri State going into overtime with them but pulling it out in the end 7-6.

In SELC action:

Lindenwood University out of Missouri beat up on a solid Auburn team 14-9. Florida State still undefeated and took it to a solid UGA program 14-5. Out in Knoxville, Tennessee defeated a pesky Kennesaw State team. Look for some great things from Kennesaw State next year when they join the SELC. East Carolina ran all over Ball State from the CCLA Conference 14-6.

All the best,

Thelaxman
By Thelaxman
SELC

Division A

Tennessee 7 Eastern Michigan 3
Auburn 11 St. Louis University 5 Div. B
Florida 13 NC State 8 Very Cold
Auburn 16 Washington University (St.Louis) 6 Real Cold!
Georgia Tech 9 Vanderbilt 4 In 4 inches of snow
Wake Forest 13 Clemson 12

Divison B

App. State 6 Scad 5 In OT
Elon 10 Southern Virginia 5 in the snow in North Carolina
Davidson 13 UNC Charlotte 8
Lynchburg College Club 14 Liberty 9 In the snow in VA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From around the country:

Division A

San Diego State 14 Santa Clara 6
UC Davis 11 Texas State 3
USC 14 Gonzaga 5
UC Davis 7 Loyola Marymont 4
Simon Fraser 13 Arizona State 12
Kenyon 15 NCAA Div.3 Michigan 10
Missouri 7 Kansas 6 in OT
Texas Tech 10 Washington University (St. Louis) 9
Washington University (St. Louis) 10 SMU 4
Chico State 5 Utah 4
Iowa 16 Cornell College 3 Div.B
Sonoma State 21 Cal 3
Stanford 7 St.Mary's 6
Rice 18 LSU 3
Pitt 11 Purdue 6
Minnesota Duluth 23 Minnesota State Mankato 1

Division B

Claremont 14 Northern Colorado 7
UC Irvine 11 Pacific Lutheran 10
Creighton 5 Iowa 4 Div.A
St. Edwards 12 Stephen F Austin 5
Ft. Lewis College 14 Austin College 0
Trinity 15 Austin College 1
St. Johns University 10 University of San Diego 8
Creighton 22 Cornell College 0
Claremont 17 Pacific Lutheran 5
Arkansas vs Oklahoma State called due to weather
Regis vs Colorado School of Mines Called due to weather
Kennesaw State 12 Western Carolina 7
Last edited by Thelaxman on May 6th, 2006, 12:40 pm, edited 12 times in total.
By Thelaxman
For Sunday:

SELC

Division B

Emory 12 App. State 3
Kennesaw State 15 Alabama 0
UNC Charlotte 13 The Citadel 7
Elon 7 East Carolina 6 Div A in OT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From around the Country:

Division A

Texas 13 North Texas 4
Lindenwood 11 SMU 7
UCLA 12 Texas State 3 From Saturday
Gonzaga 12 UC Davis 11 in OT from Saturday
Portland Men's Club 11 University of Oregon 7
UCSD 19 Santa Clara 3
Chico State 20 Texas State 2
UCLA 10 Gonzaga 4
Chapman 13 Utah 6

Division B

Southwestern vs Ft.Lewis College Called due to weather.
Northern Colorado 12 UC Davis 11 in OT
St. John's 15 UC Irvine 6 From Saturday
University of San Diego 16 Pacific Lutheran 7
Claremont 7 St. John's 6
Northern Colorado 12 UC Irvine 9
Western Washington 16 Linfield 4
Bethel College 5 Minnesota State Mankato 3
Last edited by Thelaxman on February 20th, 2006, 5:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By LaxFan 69ner
Wes,

I saw the Davidson UNC Charlotte game and UNC Charlotte played a tough game against Davidson. But UNCC went down hill in the second half. Davidson is a great Team in great shape. Sounds like a wild game at Williams Stadium. It does make a statement about LU Lacrosse on the way they came back. I still think you will be packing to go to Dallas to see another team play maybe Davidson or Eckerd or even App. State.
By Wildman
Registration Days Posts
Nothing like a good Fight on the Laxfield! Laxman will tell you we had our share of those.
I remember once this Guy from VCU tried to punch me with his bare hand and all he got was a Helmet facemask and a broken hand. If you get in a bench clearing event you have to keep your helmet on. If you take your helmet off you could get hurt.

Good job on the come back. Let's take it to App. State. Lynchburg College sucks anyway. Wes has not told his Lynchburg College Lax story yet when we played their varsity.

Go Flames Lax
By Dude
I saw the game in the snow. Lynchburg College came out and owned LU. near the end of the game it was getting messy and I think Lynchburg felt like they already won and it was not worth the effort and LU scored a couple of Goals. Then they had the fight. Liberty did not look like the Team they have been in the last couple of years. They have some strong Midfielders but their Attack is week and so is some elements of their defense and Goalie. Also I kept score and it was Lynchburg 15 LU 8.
By Lax Dude
Registration Days
I'm afraid Laxfan 69ner may be correct on his 2-7 prediction. This is the first time in 3 years they have lost their opening game. I hope they can turn it around next week against Appalachian State. I live out west but I hiked on the Appalachian Trail through Ashville,NC a few years ago and it was cold in early September. I have to believe it will be cold there next week.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thanks to all for the game reports! (if you can't win the game, at least win the fights)

for clarification- was Lynchburg OFFICIALLY given the loss via DQ? just wondering what the outcome was there.

also, as a general FYI: we will be monitoring all posts; any dispariging personal comments about current or former players or coaches will be deleted or edited. Lets keep this focused here!

thanks to all in advance for keeping it above board!
By Thelaxman
On the game report that Tom submitted to the USL MDIA and the SELC it has Liberty as losing the game based on the score.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]