Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Veritas
We have a talented senior swimmer with exceptional academic credentials that has Liberty as her first college choice. She’s having a hard time reaching the head swimming coach and his assistant (we just have email addresses), so I’m wondering if anyone would be willing to DM a more direct method of contact as the traditional method isn’t yielding any results at the moment. She’s one of the top distance swimmers in her home state as a young senior, for background. Mods, please move this post if this isn’t the proper forum.

Thank you for any input anyone may be able to provide.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You are in the proper forum and Coach Shell has been a regular poster in this forum back before the AD laid down the law on engaging in public forums. Here are the primary contacts as posted on the official site:

Click Here
Veritas liked this
By Ill flame
Veritas wrote: December 24th, 2023, 12:38 am We have a talented senior swimmer with exceptional academic credentials that has Liberty as her first college choice. She’s having a hard time reaching the head swimming coach and his assistant (we just have email addresses), so I’m wondering if anyone would be willing to DM a more direct method of contact as the traditional method isn’t yielding any results at the moment. She’s one of the top distance swimmers in her home state as a young senior, for background. Mods, please move this post if this isn’t the proper forum.

Thank you for any input anyone may be able to provide.
Did she fill out the recruit questionnaire that every college team has on their website as well?
Veritas liked this
By Veritas
Yep. She's regulalry being contacted by other schools (DI, DII, and DIII), but LU is her dream school. Admittedly, we are novices to this process, but presumably persistance is key to break through the noise.
Last edited by Veritas on December 24th, 2023, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Veritas
Sly Fox wrote: December 24th, 2023, 10:18 am You are in the proper forum and Coach Shell has been a regular poster in this forum back before the AD laid down the law on engaging in public forums. Here are the primary contacts as posted on the official site:

Click Here
Thank you, she has reached out the head coach and the assistant coach in the past two weeks. I think my daughter would be considered a late bloomer, having switched teams and transitioning from a sprinter to a distance swimmer in the last 6 months (a big change in the swimming world), and obtaining a Futures cut time in that short period of time.
By Veritas
Sure - she recently swam a 5:03.2 in the SC 500; she's swimming the 1650 twice this month to establish a baseline time (but not suited/tapered). As I mentioned above, she's only recently begun focusing on distance events since the early fall, which at least means she isn't burned out in distance events :D She also hasn't had the benefit of a weight training program.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I ask only because I swam my whole life up through high school and then I coached for ~4 years thereafter. Now both of my kids swim, so I understand the swim world. With a 5:03 in the 500FR, I'd imagine there would be some interest from the LU coaches, just comparing to current results in the ongoing season. Good luck!
Veritas, ATrain liked this
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]