Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I checked the whole roster to see if I had any Honors students on the team, but none yet. Nevertheless, I'm still ready to jump on the field hockey bandwagon!
LU 57 liked this
By Ill flame
olldflame wrote: November 14th, 2021, 7:19 pm
flameshaw wrote: November 14th, 2021, 6:07 pm
Ill flame wrote: November 12th, 2021, 7:58 pm Has a liberty team ever won a D1 natty before?
We have 2 individual NC's, but not a team NC. Great job ladies.
More than that flameshaw. Sam Chelanga alone has won 4, with Josh McDougal and Heather Zealand winning one each.
I actually went to OCS with chelanga! I had no clue he went to Liberty or set ncaa records. One of his professional running buddies that I was roommates with always bragged about how fast Chelanga was though so I should've known better. What a great guy.
LU 57, Sly Fox liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the first time we have beaten a #1 ranked team head to head. Golf has finished ahead of #1s in tournaments and Softball has played some #1 teams tough, but I don't believe they have ever come out on top. (I'm sure ballcoach will correct me if I'm wrong on that).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I just thought of another possibility involving baseball. We beat a very highly ranked South Carolina team back in the 70s when Bobby Richardson was their coach, but I don't recall if they were #1. It was the friendship between Bobby and Al Worthington that led to that game being played, and of course Bobby later became our coach.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: November 15th, 2021, 9:08 am I'm pretty sure this is the first time we have beaten a #1 ranked team head to head. Golf has finished ahead of #1s in tournaments and Softball has played some #1 teams tough, but I don't believe they have ever come out on top. (I'm sure ballcoach will correct me if I'm wrong on that).
If my memory is correct, softball's highest win was against #3 Michigan, many years ago. Before Coach Richardson got here.
flamehunter liked this
By rtb72
I thought I saw where the Championship game would be on ESPNU. Not sure what day...maybe Sunday? Either way, we win in first round and we should get some very nice exposure.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 15th, 2021, 2:48 pm
olldflame wrote: November 15th, 2021, 9:08 am I'm pretty sure this is the first time we have beaten a #1 ranked team head to head. Golf has finished ahead of #1s in tournaments and Softball has played some #1 teams tough, but I don't believe they have ever come out on top. (I'm sure ballcoach will correct me if I'm wrong on that).
If my memory is correct, softball's highest win was against #3 Michigan, many years ago. Before Coach Richardson got here.
That sounds right to me. Wasn't sure exactly what their ranking was, but I was pretty sure it was not #1.
By jmclaughlin
Lu Fandom. I had no idea what the whistles were for throughout but the whistle to end the game got me really excited!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 8:15 pm I was hoping Harvard would win.
Of course. B1G hate. For the record ballcoach, top to bottom they are the strongest field hockey conference in the country, and it isn't close.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]