Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jmclaughlin
On fire at the Tallahassee Regional! Currently 2nd at -19 and need to finish in the Top 5 of the Field of 14 to get into the National Championship Tourney. Have a 16 shot cushion over 6th place but that will tighten with numerous teams still finishing their rounds.
Production from every player is crucial in these team Tourneys. We are getting that and more with Kieran Vincent being the only player not under par today (even) and yet he is tied for 4th overall after shooting 65 yesterday.

Go Flames!
flamehunter, tyndal23 liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Crushing it Today!!! Come on guys - finish strong. -12 for day and only a few more holes to go. In second - only behind Number 2 FSU.
By LU 57
Not surprising that FSU is on top playing on their home course. I was nervous the way the guys gave up several shots at the end yesterday, but they took care of business today. Cool to see.
Baybird liked this
By LUDad
The team played a match play format last month. Be nice if that experience comes into play in the near future.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
It looks like we are safely in at #4. There are a few teams on the course, but I don't think they can realistically make up the difference.

Congratulations to Coach Thomas and his team. They have been consistently on the national radar for the last few seasons and will get to compete in the national championship again. This year it is in Scottsdale, AZ in about 10 days.
jmclaughlin liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Our last time at Nationals we went into match play with a shot. I'd love to see this squad take it to the next level.

Congrats to the guys!
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
2 years ago, we were close, but did not actually make the cut for match play. Gabe Lench did compete for the individual stroke play championship on that final day. Our top 5 this year were all part of that year's squad and each has experience in the NCAA championship. It will be interesting to see how they play on a desert course.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: May 19th, 2021, 1:58 pm It looks like we are safely in at #4. There are a few teams on the course, but I don't think they can realistically make up the difference.

Congratulations to Coach Thomas and his team. They have been consistently on the national radar for the last few seasons and will get to compete in the national championship again. This year it is in Scottsdale, AZ in about 10 days.
FORE!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
#4 is actually a little deceiving because despite a disappointing final day, we were only 2 strokes out of second place, with only FSU (playing on their home course) shooting significantly lower than we did.

2012 was the closest we have come to advancing to match play at the nationals. Finished 10th, I believe 2 strokes away from making the top 8.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
NCAA championship tournament is underway at Grayhawk in Scottsdale, AZ. Liberty gets underway at 1:20 local time. I arrived yesterday to watch the first few rounds with my son and one of his friends.

Someone please lookup and post the golfstat.com and video streaming links fir the tournament.
Baybird liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote: May 28th, 2021, 11:57 am NCAA championship tournament is underway at Grayhawk in Scottsdale, AZ. Liberty gets underway at 1:20 local time. I arrived yesterday to watch the first few rounds with my son and one of his friends.

Someone please lookup and post the golfstat.com and video streaming links fir the tournament.

http://results.golfstat.com/public/lead ... &tid=22822

Done. 8)
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Still in the hunt. -4 for the day currently and +31 for the tourney. If we can get to +27, we’ll make the cut. It’s hot and the greens are fast.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Wow, the results here so far are making the rankings guys look like geniuses. All of the top 10 teams right now are ranked in the top 11. Only #5 Texas has had a bad tournament (they are behind us in 46th).
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]