Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 5:49 pm Zion Heaven, former Appy State player, has signed with LU.
What an interesting name. Was App State one of the schools that ended their men's tennis program?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 5:49 pm Zion Heaven, former Appy State player, has signed with LU.
Transfers are bad. I wonder which tennis coach illegally recruited him?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 6:02 pm
How was he illegally recruited???
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: July 17th, 2020, 6:40 pm
JK37 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 6:02 pm
How was he illegally recruited???
I heard he doesn’t have to use the KJV in Bible classes
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
How does Ballcoach beat ATrain on tennis transfer news? :dontgetit
Maybe Ballcoach really does have superior sources :shock: (or maybe not). :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 18th, 2020, 7:57 am How does Ballcoach beat ATrain on tennis transfer news? :dontgetit
This was announced on the AC site almost 2 weeks ago.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... &teamID=12

I knew about it, but didn't exactly "feel compelled" to post it here, where we have exactly one regular who actually cares about tennis.
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:37 am
Cider Jim wrote: July 18th, 2020, 7:57 am How does Ballcoach beat ATrain on tennis transfer news? :dontgetit
This was announced on the AC site almost 2 weeks ago.

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... &teamID=12

I knew about it, but didn't exactly "feel compelled" to post it here, where we have exactly one regular who actually cares about tennis.
This. I knew about it when I got posted on the men's site, and I knew App State had dropped men's tennis, and it doesn't surprise me that we'd get a transfer from there. In most athletic departments, tennis/golf/T&F/others generate very little excitement amongst the fan base unless there is a level of sustained success to generate interest. I made a small contribution to the laying of a foundation to elevate our programs from a Division I doormat to the top half, but that was over a decade ago.

I honestly don't have any direct connections to the program anymore - I graduated with my MBA and moved on. In past years, I stayed in touch with the program because of my great friend Coach Johnson, and now I follow University of Lynchburg tennis more than LU's program - including going to the ODAC tourney last year in Virginia Beach to see the Hornets women's team make history for their program. This is not to say I wish ill on the LU program, just saying my level of interest has dropped off from what it was.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Not to worry, ATrain. It sounds like Ballcoach has you covered! :shock: :oldhag
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 18th, 2020, 10:39 am Not to worry, ATrain. It sounds like Ballcoach has you covered! :shock: :oldhag
I bet he does.... 8)
JK37 liked this
By Logic
How does a one “Zion Heaven” who went to a virtual high school end up at ASU and not LU in the first place? Seems like one couldn’t serve up a better tennis recruit!
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]