Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Most successful coach at LU. Is he the last of what you’d call “The Old Guard”?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 29th, 2020, 8:25 pm Most successful coach at LU. Is he the last of what you’d call “The Old Guard”?
I guess that depends on whether you include Carey Green in that group. He was hired in 1999, which makes him the only coach we have who arrived in the previous millenium (barely). I think Jeff Thomas (golf) has the next longest tenure at 16 years.
Last edited by olldflame on March 1st, 2020, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I would say the 2 most likely successors would be Lance Bingham, who was Tolsma's top assistant for 18 years before taking the HC job at Abilene Christian in 2016, and current Associate HC Clendon Henderson, a Liberty T&F alum who I believe still holds the school record for the discus.
Baybird liked this
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 29th, 2020, 9:23 pm Announcing this on a Saturday evening is peak Tolsma.

Best coach we will ever have.
So true Jon...and on top of yet another dominating conference championship double to boot
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]