Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 21st, 2021, 12:02 pm Liberty beat #4 North Carolina 1-0 last night, in a scrimmage. I was told that UNC tied #1 Marshall 1-1, in an earlier scrimmage.
Great news, but based on last year, I'll reserve my excitement til we beat some ASUN opponents in real matches that mean something.
Baybird liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I think LU overachieved a bit last year. They had lots of ties against teams they should have lost to and hung in a lot of games. Lot of turnover last years as well so you were breaking in new people in new positions etc.
I agree they need to finish some of these games but they were generating the chances to do so last year. This year they just need to convert them
Baybird liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote: August 21st, 2021, 3:26 pm I think LU overachieved a bit last year. They had lots of ties against teams they should have lost to and hung in a lot of games. Lot of turnover last years as well so you were breaking in new people in new positions etc.
I agree they need to finish some of these games but they were generating the chances to do so last year. This year they just need to convert them
Listening to some of the players interviews, I believe they have this in mind. A main goal is to win the ASUN and not beat ranked teams.
Baybird, Purple Haize liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

But apparently not...
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote: August 21st, 2021, 11:10 pm

Need a bigger stadium?
In honesty, that's mostly freshman while are in the adrenaline rush of being at college lol. I do think the soccer program should get an extended bleachers because I believe that the soccer programs are going to be developed on the national level. If they still go with the plan of making Osbourne field and extra field for football, then I wouldn't mind them building a little stadium for soccer that can fit 3-5 views with an outer design with bricks similar to the bill(up next to the indoor track field).
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 5:36 am
jbock13 wrote: August 21st, 2021, 9:40 pm Thank you, Captain Obvious.

But apparently not...
jbock13, what is your problem ? LU has counselors, if you need help.⚕
You are upset because he called you "Captian Obvious"? :rofl

The only thing I can say about that is that if he wanted to take a dig at you, he could have chosen something less........... obvious.
Purple Haize liked this
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote: August 21st, 2021, 11:26 pm
tyndal23 wrote: August 21st, 2021, 11:10 pm

Need a bigger stadium?
In honesty, that's mostly freshman while are in the adrenaline rush of being at college lol. I do think the soccer program should get an extended bleachers because I believe that the soccer programs are going to be developed on the national level. If they still go with the plan of making Osbourne field and extra field for football, then I wouldn't mind them building a little stadium for soccer that can fit 3-5 views with an outer design with bricks similar to the bill(up next to the indoor track field).
Good future recruiting pic at least...
ballcoach15 liked this
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
Second domino fell last night. Not a good result against GW... but Kelly had a great week on the recruiting trail. Two IMG Top 150 players for the class of 2022 (with about 30 of those players already having signed pro contracts these two are pretty much both Top 100 for their class).
By cruzan_flame13
47/5-2 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 2:18 pm Second domino fell last night. Not a good result against GW... but Kelly had a great week on the recruiting trail. Two IMG Top 150 players for the class of 2022 (with about 30 of those players already having signed pro contracts these two are pretty much both Top 100 for their class).
Did they commit or is it just interest from those players? Also, would this be what you were referring to from your previous message?
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
The one is fully committed. The other just de-committed from previous school with the intention to come on board as well (which will be very well received). The first led to the second. They are both very, very good gets for the program. Both spurned multiple established Top 25 programs feeling Liberty was where they needed to be (which is what you like to see).
By cruzan_flame13
47/5-2 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 6:58 pm The one is fully committed. The other just de-committed from previous school with the intention to come on board as well (which will be very well received). The first led to the second. They are both very, very good gets for the program. Both spurned multiple established Top 25 programs feeling Liberty was where they needed to be (which is what you like to see).
Thanks for the update sir!
By cruzan_flame13
47/5-2 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 6:58 pm The one is fully committed. The other just de-committed from previous school with the intention to come on board as well (which will be very well received). The first led to the second. They are both very, very good gets for the program. Both spurned multiple established Top 25 programs feeling Liberty was where they needed to be (which is what you like to see).
Update: Do you know the names of the players that you were talking about and did they sign with us?
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
Yep. The first & the last player announced yesterday. Bryce Swinehart is a 4-star CB out of the Charlotte FC Academy who was previously committed to UVA. Owen Moore is a 3-star GK out of the Philadelphia Union Academy/Philadelphia Union II who was originally committed to Army. Both are also part of Top Drawer's Top 150 rankings for the class of 2022 and both had multiple offers from top-top programs and I believe both will be very influential players. I don't know a ton about the others in the class. I like what I have heard about the Riverhounds kid (Sam Farner) but I have not knowingly seen him play. My expectation is there will be at least one more addition to this class.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
47/5-2 wrote: November 11th, 2021, 10:00 am Yep. The first & the last player announced yesterday. Bryce Swinehart is a 4-star CB out of the Charlotte FC Academy who was previously committed to UVA. Owen Moore is a 3-star GK out of the Philadelphia Union Academy/Philadelphia Union II who was originally committed to Army. Both are also part of Top Drawer's Top 150 rankings for the class of 2022 and both had multiple offers from top-top programs and I believe both will be very influential players. I don't know a ton about the others in the class. I like what I have heard about the Riverhounds kid (Sam Farner) but I have not knowingly seen him play. My expectation is there will be at least one more addition to this class.
Where was the recruiting class announced? It's not on the AC website.
By cruzan_flame13
olldflame wrote: November 11th, 2021, 1:09 pm
47/5-2 wrote: November 11th, 2021, 10:00 am Yep. The first & the last player announced yesterday. Bryce Swinehart is a 4-star CB out of the Charlotte FC Academy who was previously committed to UVA. Owen Moore is a 3-star GK out of the Philadelphia Union Academy/Philadelphia Union II who was originally committed to Army. Both are also part of Top Drawer's Top 150 rankings for the class of 2022 and both had multiple offers from top-top programs and I believe both will be very influential players. I don't know a ton about the others in the class. I like what I have heard about the Riverhounds kid (Sam Farner) but I have not knowingly seen him play. My expectation is there will be at least one more addition to this class.
Where was the recruiting class announced? It's not on the AC website.
Each player was announced separately on Liberty Soccer's twitter page:

https://mobile.twitter.com/libertymsoccer
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
soccer7 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 1:32 pm So who are you thinking it will be?
A player who has proven he can stick it in the back of the net (you would find him around the top of a recent season in goals scored across D1)... I haven't heard any update on him this week though. I also believe they have picked up a verbal (or are about to) from a very nice attacking player who originally committed elsewhere (High Point) in their '23 class.
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 1:45 pm By chance, does the soccer program recruit overseas like some if our other programs? Does well for field hockey.
They do. Not as heavily as some programs. Some programs rely almost exclusively on internationals. Lot of advantages to recruiting internationals in the sports that are not able to give everyone athletic money. But there can be some real risks committing your roster fully in that direction imo. Much harder to vet (in both directions... you/them & them/you) and I think it's really important for all programs to know they are getting the right guys for their culture (obviously, very important at Liberty).
cruzan_flame13 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]