Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
Alabama - You were a little ahead of me. We were pretty tight on that floor though. I'm not even sure if that dorm is still in existance... not much is. The changes are crazy. I'm not sure if it isn't too nice honestly. Maybe that is just jealousy. But it is honestly so inclusive that i wonder if they ever leave and experience the burg etc???
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
Haha. No. Not Jeri although her hubby always reminds me of Hootie/Darius Rucker!
ballcoach is set in his way. And is afforded all the respect he deserves. Unlike others I don’t have him on Foe. I enjoy his inane ramblings
[/quote]

Well i would have to go look at the history to remember the rest of the staff. But imo i don't think there has been a unit/team that has had a more lasting influence athleticly, then that group of girls. It wasn't all roses either...

You will have to educate me on what "foe" means in this context. With 3 teenagers and constantly being around high schoolers, i usually get the lingo.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
47/5-2 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:48 pm Haha. No. Not Jeri although her hubby always reminds me of Hootie/Darius Rucker!
ballcoach is set in his way. And is afforded all the respect he deserves. Unlike others I don’t have him on Foe. I enjoy his inane ramblings
Well i would have to go look at the history to remember the rest of the staff. But imo i don't think there has been a unit/team that has had a more lasting influence athleticly, then that group of girls. It wasn't all roses either...

You will have to educate me on what "foe" means in this context. With 3 teenagers and constantly being around high schoolers, i usually get the lingo.
[/quote]

There’s a feature on the Board control panel where you can label someone a “Foe” and their posts will be hidden from you.
You are right about that group. They were something special
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
47/5-2 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:29 pm I'm not even sure if that dorm is still in existance... not much is.
It is not in existence. Only a part of me is sad about it. I loved my undergrad experience, and Liberty is no longer the small campus where you knew everyone... or at least it seemed that way.
47/5-2 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:29 pm The changes are crazy. I'm not sure if it isn't too nice honestly. Maybe that is just jealousy. But it is honestly so inclusive that i wonder if they ever leave and experience the burg etc???
There is much more in the burg now even outside of the University. Many students live off campus in college apartment complexes.
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:36 pm
47/5-2 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:48 pm Haha. No. Not Jeri although her hubby always reminds me of Hootie/Darius Rucker!

There’s a feature on the Board control panel where you can label someone a “Foe” and their posts will be hidden from you.
[/quote]

Oh wow... thanks for enlightening me. I have only posted here and there over the existence of the forum, so including quotes and hitting submit is about as intricate as I have gotten.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
47/5-2 wrote: October 11th, 2019, 8:46 am
Purple Haize wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Oh wow... thanks for enlightening me. I have only posted here and there over the existence of the forum, so including quotes and hitting submit is about as intricate as I have gotten.
[/quote]

I mean, as long as I’m not on the For feature you’re welcome :D
At least they made posting YouTube clips easier
Pictures or Gif’s? Above my pay grade.
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 10:58 pm
47/5-2 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:29 pm I'm not even sure if that dorm is still in existance... not much is.
It is not in existence. Only a part of me is sad about it. I loved my undergrad experience, and Liberty is no longer the small campus where you knew everyone... or at least it seemed that way.
47/5-2 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:29 pm The changes are crazy. I'm not sure if it isn't too nice honestly. Maybe that is just jealousy. But it is honestly so inclusive that i wonder if they ever leave and experience the burg etc???
There is much more in the burg now even outside of the University. Many students live off campus in college apartment complexes.
We had many friends that never left or moved back. It's not a bad place to be and I think many of them felt they could wrap there arms around the city. Most are pretty big players in their various fields. Heck, we weren't planning to leave... but money talks and mouths need fed. But yes, I have driven thru a few times to meet friends and it's quite different.

But let's be honest... If you never had to negotiate your way out of a Gold's Gym membership, seen your mascot fall down a flight of stairs repeatedly, and don't know what the phrase "One knock, I hear you" means... Did you really have a Liberty experience????
By PING
Posts Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote: October 9th, 2019, 12:04 pm Wow. This has been a fun morning read. Just my 2 cents. not that 47 or purple care about it, As someone who has watched the recruiting process at multiple schools in multiple sports, This isn't new. Coaches, Whether intentionally or unintentionally will treat recruits badly by dragging them along. It happens every year at every place I've been. With sports like soccer, lacrosse and baseball this is magnified because of the whole partial scholarship thing. Soccer has 9.9 Baseball has 11.7 and Lacrosse has 12.6 (correct me if I'm wrong i'm a little rusty on some of those sports limits.) Almost no one gives out full scholly's in those sports any more and it causes the coaches to have to play a numbers game which ends up making at least a few recruits either hung out to dry or left unsatisfied or slighted by offers. Add in the factor of professional drafts having kids leave early and then basic attrition it is a mine field of different problems that can arise when recruiting and setting a full roster. Is it right that coaches do this? probably not. If you know you are only stinging along a kid because another kid higher on your recruiting board is a maybe or a soft commit, its really easy to just keep the kid lower on the board strung along as a safety net. its one of the reasons I'll never be a college coach. There are so many variables to recruiting and even good men who I've respected and worked for have ended up doing someone wrong in the recruiting process. Your son or family member was smart and realized he was strung along. Others aren't so lucky. Its why Juco baseball is so big. I'm not trying to defend any coaches treatment of recruits. Just trying to give you another perspective. And I know it can be hard to see it from another perspective when its your kid. but he's not alone. and he seems to be doing well. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing. just my 2 cents.
What an excellent post! I agree with most everything you expressed. The recruiting process is so difficult from all sides. When emotions and children are involved it often heightens everything. Add staff changes and things become even more complex and mistakes are certainly made.

The challenges coaches face is they rank their recruits and have a wide net that narrows and changes very rapidly as players make their decisions and they have to adjust. The situation is so fluid it is almost impossible not to have some players and parents feel that they have been treated unfairly and rightfully so.

Men's soccer has even more challenges with the limited scholarships as noted but the challenge extends to all sports. Football has so many scholarships and they also have the last minute decision and coaching change issues. I know one Liberty football recruit was set to go to a Big 10 school and then they got a new coach and he was told to look elsewhere at the last minute. Can you imagine signing day being a multi star football recruit and then scrambling to find somewhere to play? The recruiting process is brutal.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]