Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
They lost tonight but I saw things on the sideline and field that should be encouraging. Sure I’m biased but I also can see that things are going to be just fine rather quickly after a hiccup here and there
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Has Purple become the Ballcoach of men's soccer?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple may attend to a few home soccer games, but does he have the dedication to drive to Texas, Florida, and Alabama for away games like Ballcoach has done in the past for LU softball?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:32 am Purple may attend to a few home soccer games, but does he have the dedication to drive to Texas, Florida, and Alabama for away games like Ballcoach has done in the past for LU softball?
Nope. I understand where soccer fits in the Sports Spectrum At LU. I do not have unrealistic expectations of attendance from those who are disinterested in the sport. In fact I was pleasantly surprised at the robust attendance last night. And the high powered Administrators who were there. I also won’t presume o know as much as or more than the coach
Finally I have a history with the guy. I know his “before and after” story. Liberty could not have selected a better replacement for Alderrama. He will continue the physical and spiritual development of the Soccer team and I’m excited to see it happen.
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
My sources were suspicious of this hire. I let Purple give me hope. After what I have seen and experienced since mid-summer, I am on the complete other side of this one Purple. I don't believe he was the right selection in the least.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
47/5-2 wrote: September 13th, 2019, 11:44 am My sources were suspicious of this hire. I let Purple give me hope. After what I have seen and experienced since mid-summer, I am on the complete other side of this one Purple. I don't believe he was the right selection in the least.
They are what? 1 month into the season? It’s going to take awhile to set a new cultural tone. He’s a completely different person and personality than Alderrama and I get that. So it’s going to take an adjustment period. Of course I’d be interested to hear what you’ve experienced that makes you think this was not the right move but understand if you want to keep that to yourself. No judgement just curious
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
Purple do you know why Brogan has not been playing? From a distance, I have to assume it's injury related. I can't share too much... but on the surface we cannot lose to programs like Incarnate Word... or have hard fought wins over VMI. VMI would get manhandled most years by the Division III school they share a campus with. It doesn't matter what stage of the coaches tenure that is in. Those are eye-opening results. But like I said... it's deeper then that. The process I have experienced over the last couple of years, has been eye opening to see. It is really easy in collegiate soccer to corelate what you are hearing and seeing on the back end, with the results on the front end. There are reasons programs are consistently successful. I do not believe that those traits are present currently. I was hoping to catch them last weekend, but the timing was the same as when my youngest was playing Montreal. His, was too big of a game to try and follow along online, while watching Liberty live. That NJIT game was another eye opening result.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I totally get what you are saying. But again you are dealing with a coach with an entirely different philosophy than the previous two. That’s going to take a bit to adjust and recruit to. That’s absolutely nothing against the previous coach because he’s one of my absolute favorite people of all time. It’s not like the team is coming off multiple runs at the National Championship so any step back this year results wise isn’t that big of a deal in the scheme of things. Like any other sport let him get his players in who buy into what is and will be as opposed to what was and things will be fine. Judging by what I’ve seen on the field it is a little thing here or there that’s been the difference. Things that once you are comfortable and confident in the scheme will look really really nice.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 7:55 pm I heard that PH and the new coach are friends.
Really? You must be joking. You obviously don’t pay attention. That’s been out there from the day they hired him. Seriously, go to the doctor. Get your meds checked
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 8:59 pm I just heard it today. I do not follow soccer at all. I not even know coach's name
As a young child I was always told to think before I speak.
As a student I was taught to research any assertion
As a professional I was taught to withhold comment from things I did not know about
You obviously were taught none of them
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 10:55 am In the Army, I was taught to shoot first, ask questions later.
Pretty sure they have backed away a bit from that approach. Too late for Pat Tillman. :cry:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 10:55 am In the Army, I was taught to shoot first, ask questions later.
I’m calling :BS and now it makes me question whether you actually were in the Army. That comment reeks of stupidity. Especially if you were an MP as you claim. As you were directing traffic if someone wasn’t merging correctly did you just shoot them? When you went in to break up a bar fight you just went in with guns blazing? I guess trigger discipline and target background and situational awareness were never taught in whatever type of boot camp you claim to have gone to.
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 12:33 pm
I’m calling :BS and now it makes me question whether you actually were in the Army. That comment reeks of stupidity. Especially if you were an MP as you claim. As you were directing traffic if someone wasn’t merging correctly did you just shoot them? When you went in to break up a bar fight you just went in with guns blazing? I guess trigger discipline and target background and situational awareness were never taught in whatever type of boot camp you claim to have gone to.
You guys need to find a constructive way to settle your differences. Octagon? Paint ball? Mario Kart? :D
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 12:41 pm It's just a figure of speech, pertaining to combat.
Ballcoach speaking in metaphor! Study And it's way over Purple's head. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 12:41 pm It's just a figure of speech, pertaining to combat.
So you are doubling down on the fact you learned nothing in your so called military career
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 1:47 pm
Ballcoach speaking in metaphor! Study And it's way over Purple's head. :lol:
I do admit to not understanding someone at his level of ignorance
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 12:54 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 3rd, 2019, 12:33 pm
You guys need to find a constructive way to settle your differences. Octagon? Paint ball? Mario Kart? :D
Expecting him not to be a dumba— is obviously too much to hope for
By 47/5-2
Registration Days Posts
Purple - I don't want to switch topics with your back and forth with ballcoach… but did you have any on hand knowledge as to why Brogan is not playing? Like I said, I assume injury... but from a distance, wasn't sure.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
47/5-2 wrote: October 4th, 2019, 2:25 pm Purple - I don't want to switch topics with your back and forth with ballcoach… but did you have any on hand knowledge as to why Brogan is not playing? Like I said, I assume injury... but from a distance, wasn't sure.
What? You weren’t enjoying the banter? :D
But to get this back in the realm of reality and to answer your question no I do not. I know there are injuries and I believe he is one. TBH our conversations have had more to do with big picture than specifics and a whole lot of “remember when”. I would just emphasize again that there’s a new mentality he’s trying to instill. That’s not a knock against the past. It will look ugly from time to time on the field during that transition. Like any other transitions in athletics some will adapt some won’t. And that’s fine for both parties.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]