Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
I was reading an article recently that cited why so many Canadian athletes migrate south of the border to attend NCAA eligible schools. It brought light to an issue the Canadian Athletics Powers that Be are seeking to fix, but the article cited that Canadian Universities do not offer athletic scholarships at present; thus, the good athletes who can ride their athletic talents to a low cost/no cost degree seek recruitment to US Universities. Back in the mid 90's there was quite a bit of Canadian talent on the XC/Track team, anyone in the loop know if any of the recruiting efforts are being focused north of the border.

Seems like there may be some untapped talent up there that might jump at the chance to compete on scholarship (or partial) at an accredited US University (even in spite of the Liberty Way.)

Perhaps there are also a few football recruits? (although perhaps they would need a few games to adjust to the NCAA rules from the CFL variety?)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I know the University of Texas has been for years the ad hoc Canadian track & field headquarters. Donovan Bailey et al live & train there and their elite athletes tend to all wind up in Austin. I always found it odd.
By tpcs
Registration Days
Hi,

I'm currently a High school student from Canada who has considered Liberty. I've heard for a runner to get a full ride they need to be in the top 5 or so in the province. I am a runner and what wondering what times do you think I would need to run to be considered for scholarship money? Would I have to take the SAT?

Thanks.
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
I would contact Coach Tolsma. He can better answer your question than those here. Especially about the scholarship $.
bctolsma@liberty.edu
Election 2022 and 2024

https://x.com/thevivafrei/status/180134784697[…]

2025 Recruiting Discussion

It's good to see us bringing in some quality recru[…]

2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]