Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, do you ever follow any men's sports? :dontgetit
By LU 57
Had a terrible time tuning in on ESPN app even though my FIOS subscription includes ACCN/ACCNX. Spent quite a bit of time on chats with FIOS support. Hopefully this will not be an issue during football and hoops seasons.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 9:21 pm Ballcoach, do you ever follow any men's sports? :dontgetit
Yes, but I was just excited yesterday that the 2019-20 athletic school year had started, even if it was women's soccer. Normally I don't pay any attention to soccer.
By PING
Posts Posts
In the first round of the ASUN playoffs the women face NJIT Friday night in rematch from their win 1 to nil win last Sunday. Game in Nashville. If they win they face Lipscomb with only a day and 1/2 rest to face the 2nd seated Lipscomb team.

Those 2 OT losses to lower teams (Kenn. and N. Fl) really hurt. A tie in either one of those games put Liberty at home for the playoffs and a bye the first round.

I like their chances vs NJIT but you never know in soccer. A break here or there and any team can win. Assuming a win, the Sunday match-up with short rest will be considerably more difficult.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: November 1st, 2019, 8:59 pm #6 NJIT beats #3 LU 2-1. LU outshoots NJIT 22-6 :cry:
So they pulled a Liberty
By PING
Posts Posts
Terrible loss. Feel bad for the seniors.

Lipscomb dropped the ball on the video coverage at the start of the game. Poor reflection on the ASUN championship tournament as hosts.

I liked the commentators. I thought they added to the game and gave honest feedback throughout.

The pattern of just kicking the ball rather than playing it to a teammate or space with purpose caught up with us on both goals but especially the 2nd goal. We literally assisted the game winner with a kick off the face of our DM.

The other pattern of attack was too predictable and shut down as I mentioned in prior posts leading up to today's game.

Was going to give more player/coach feedback but who cares, season is over. I will say again that I hate the kickoff play. It is brainless soccer.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]