Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I hope this topic isn't too controversial, but if a Flames fan only could only purchase one--ESPN+ or ASOR Club--which would be better?

I'm leaning toward ESPN+ because you could watch hours of LU's away games.

I think the monthy cost is about the same--5 dollars vs. 7 dollars.
By LUAlum1215
I’m signing up for ESPN+ just before the season starts. My thought is what fun is reading about sports if you can’t watch the sport itself?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I support the subscription idea, but I believe they would generate more money to cover their time and expenses @ $25-$30 per year. Less fee but more subscribers.
By LUAlum1215
TH Spangler wrote: July 31st, 2019, 10:34 am I support the subscription idea, but I believe they would generate more money to cover their time and expenses @ $25-$30 per year. Less fee but more subscribers.
Agreed. I would be far more likely to sub to Club if it were cheaper.
By Jonathan Carone
$7/month for the content they’re providing is more than fair. You guys are suggesting what they’re offering is only worth $2.50/month or 5 cents per article.
By Class of 20Something
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 31st, 2019, 10:56 am $7/month for the content they’re providing is more than fair. You guys are suggesting what they’re offering is only worth $2.50/month or 5 cents per article.
I'd love a per month option rather than the year as a whole.
By Jonathan Carone
My guess would be a per month option would be $10-ish each month. Subscription models tend to discount 10-25% for those who pay for the entire year up front.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think the price is fair. I'll be honest, when it was first announced I was a bit skeptical but the content that has been provided has far exceeded my expectations.

I may be the forum administrator, but I have nothing to do with the operations of the main page. I am a paying club member and haven't regretted if. I'm just mad at my mailman for rolling up the Williams stadium drawing envelope when he put it in my mailbox.
By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 31st, 2019, 11:20 am My guess would be a per month option would be $10-ish each month. Subscription models tend to discount 10-25% for those who pay for the entire year up front.
Jon should keep this idea in mind when the second year starts for club Lord willing. This is the first year and things will develop along the way.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote: July 31st, 2019, 11:48 am I think the price is fair. I'll be honest, when it was first announced I was a bit skeptical but the content that has been provided has far exceeded my expectations.

I may be the forum administrator, but I have nothing to do with the operations of the main page. I am a paying club member and haven't regretted if. I'm just mad at my mailman for rolling up the Williams stadium drawing envelope when he put it in my mailbox.
That's unfortunate; will you be putting your drawing in a frame?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 31st, 2019, 6:58 am if a Flames fan only could only purchase one--ESPN+ or ASOR Club--which would be better?
It depends on what you mean by "better." ESPN doesn't need your money. ASOR does. If I had to choose one, I would choose ASOR. For the record, I did subscribe to ESPN+, but don't currently. I will pick it back up at some point... you can subscribe for a month & drop it at will. I am willing to pay $5 a pop when there is a game or two I want to watch.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: July 31st, 2019, 2:45 pm I am willing to pay $5 a pop when there is a game or two I want to watch.
That's an excellent point, Bama24.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]