Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ASOR has an article in the club section on this. I haven't joined yet (probably will before the end of the summer) but I would expect it is a short list. Based on the performance of all teams this past year, the men's and women's soccer teams were the weakest links, and men's has been addressed. That leaves women's soccer coach Lang Wedemeyer as probably the only coach who's seat is more than mildly warm. I would think the ladies need to show significant improvement this Fall for him to have any kind of job security.
By PING
Posts Posts
Liberty Women's soccer was 6-11 last year, 10-6-2 this year. That is solid considering they only had 2 conference losses which both came in OT and were the only 2 goals they gave up in regular season ASUN play. He also had 2 losses versus ACC schools, an ACC victory vs PITT, and he accomplished that with some injuries to his defense (3 significant knee injuries, 2 were starters.)

There are definitely areas to improve but the team moved in the right direction.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
PING wrote: October 28th, 2019, 11:17 am Liberty Women's soccer was 6-11 last year, 10-6-2 this year. That is solid considering they only had 2 conference losses which both came in OT and were the only 2 goals they gave up in regular season ASUN play. He also had 2 losses versus ACC schools, an ACC victory vs PITT, and he accomplished that with some injuries to his defense (3 significant knee injuries, 2 were starters.)

There are definitely areas to improve but the team moved in the right direction.
:welcome

Glad to have you. I hope you stick around!

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]