Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What in baseball specifically help shape the athletic dept, @ballcoach15 ?
flamehunter wrote: July 12th, 2019, 11:09 am I think MBB success should have been in top 2.
I agree. I think that, along with HF's hiring, have the potential to completely launch our athletic program to new heights since we all know men's basketball and football define athletic programs.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If I'm reading the top 10 correctly, I see NO mention of LU softball. Ballcoach has to be OUTRAGED! :frustrated :banghead :frustrated
Didn't LU have 2 of the best starting pitchers in the country last year???
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If softball had made NCAA tournament, we would have cracked Top 10. if our hitting had been on par with our pitching, we probably would have been ranked in Top 25 in the Polls, along with winning ASUN.

But with that being said , softball does not get the love from the local media that they should get.
ballcoach15 wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:32 pm If softball had made NCAA tournament, we would have cracked Top 10. if our hitting had been on par with our pitching, we probably would have been ranked in Top 25 in the Polls, along with winning ASUN.

But with that being said , softball does not get the love from the local media that they should get.
There are those around the program who said the team underachieved. Not many years ago, 40 wins and a postseason appearance were considered monumental successes. Now 40 wins and advancing to the NCAA Tournament are expected. That is a sign of how much this program has grown just in the past three years. So faltering early in the ASUN tournament and then going 2-and-done in the NISC championship round means the program didn't meet expectations, and didn't make the top 10 moments of the year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Damien Sordelett wrote: July 12th, 2019, 4:29 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 12th, 2019, 1:32 pm If softball had made NCAA tournament, we would have cracked Top 10. if our hitting had been on par with our pitching, we probably would have been ranked in Top 25 in the Polls, along with winning ASUN.

There are those around the program who said the team underachieved. Not many years ago, 40 wins and a postseason appearance were considered monumental successes. Now 40 wins and advancing to the NCAA Tournament are expected. That is a sign of how much this program has grown just in the past three years. So faltering early in the ASUN tournament and then going 2-and-done in the NISC championship round means the program didn't meet expectations, and didn't make the top 10 moments of the year.
I agree. The program is now at a level where anything less than NCAA tournament is a disappointing season.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defeated […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]