Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I do often wonder how long it is going to take for Larry Blair to get the nod. It seems to me he isn't too popular around here on this board and I am never quite sure why. Maybe people connect him with RD so much? Who knows. It is too bad because he is one of the best basketball players to ever step foot on the mountain who actually stayed 4 years.
He'll get his shot no doubt. When you are talking about 5 or 6 spots covering EVERY sport Liberty has sponsored in the almost 50 years the school has existed, you're going to have a lot of people waiting for their turn.
BJWilliams wrote: July 1st, 2019, 2:11 pm He'll get his shot no doubt. When you are talking about 5 or 6 spots covering EVERY sport Liberty has sponsored in the almost 50 years the school has existed, you're going to have a lot of people waiting for their turn.
I think they should have one year where they basically play catch up and induct every worthy athlete from the first 30 years of Liberty athletics.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: July 1st, 2019, 2:20 pm
BJWilliams wrote: July 1st, 2019, 2:11 pm He'll get his shot no doubt. When you are talking about 5 or 6 spots covering EVERY sport Liberty has sponsored in the almost 50 years the school has existed, you're going to have a lot of people waiting for their turn.
I think they should have one year where they basically play catch up and induct every worthy athlete from the first 30 years of Liberty athletics.
No need for that IMHO. I believe most of the "catching up" has been done. I know it's not a "major" sport, but there is an omission that has me :dontgetit more than LB. How is it that Johnnie Englehart is now in the HOF and Josh McDougel is not?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: July 1st, 2019, 4:19 pm
flamehunter wrote: July 1st, 2019, 2:20 pm
No need for that IMHO. I believe most of the "catching up" has been done. I know it's not a "major" sport, but there is an omission that has me :dontgetit more than LB. How is it that Johnnie Englehart is now in the HOF and Josh McDougal is not?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Jonita Randolph and Jordan Jenkins (both women's tennis players) also deserve to be inducted, along with Larry Blair and Josh McDougal, in my opinion.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Swimming and lax are getting to the age where they can have players considered in the coming years as well
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]