Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:So LU didn’t get an At Large bid :dontgetit :lol:
Purple, I have a question for you: How many Liberty athletic events did you attend in the 2018-2019 school year in each sport listed below ?

Football_____
Men's Basketball_____
Women's Basketball_____
Baseball______
Softball_______
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach not know PM. :nono
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach not know PM. :nono
Among other things.

I am not sure what the relevance is either. Is there a required minimum?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:Ballcoach how much did you spend on Liberty athletic events not including concessions this year?
ballcoach15 wrote:A lot on hotels and rental cars.
Yet that doesn’t answer the question
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is Ballcoach implyig that he got free tickets to everything? That he only had to pay for lodging and transportation?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Is Ballcoach implyig that he got free tickets to everything? That he only had to pay for lodging and transportation?
Who knows? He’s not answering a question he himself (yet few if any others) deem appropriate
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I paid my Flames Club membership. Still hardly attended games due to working and living out of state. But the department apparently made more money off of me than BC. Does that mean I “support” LU athletics more than he?

I don’t know...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I split this from the at large conversation but I think this is a great topic to debate.

What would one consider supporting the athletic department?
I always think of you as a giant athletic supporter !!!!! :cheerleader :pbjtime
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I do watch a lot of liberty sports on ESPN+

Haha

There are plenty of people who have been around liberty sports for a long time and go to a lot of events but still somehow don't pay or getting significant discounts and on top of that they don't give to the flames club.

They are huge fans but I certianly wouldn't call them supporters. Just my 2 cents
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple is too humble to admit this, but my sources tell me that he is a paying Flames Club member. Ballcoach, not so much.
Last edited by Cider Jim on May 30th, 2019, 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was super active in Liberty sports (especially football and basketball) when I was a student. I didn't go as much once I started having to pay because I didn't always have money for that (and people in my life didn't like me being so into sports, especially at my alma mater)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I know that a lot of the band kids went to basketball games but mostly they hung out with the pep band.
BJWilliams wrote:I know that a lot of the band kids went to basketball games but mostly they hung out with the pep band.
I like pep bands!
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I do watch a lot of liberty sports on ESPN+

Haha

There are plenty of people who have been around liberty sports for a long time and go to a lot of events but still somehow don't pay or getting significant discounts and on top of that, they don't give to the flames club.

They are huge fans but I certainly wouldn't call them supporters. Just my 2 cents
The only issue I have with this statement is the last sentence. Before we had kids, we were a two-income household so I was a Flames Club member at the $250, had season tickets and a tailgating spot. Then we had kids, became a single income family and had to pay for pre-k since I "make too much money". I went to a lot of games and paid for most of them with a staff discount but I couldn't afford to join the Flames Club. I would still consider myself a supporter.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah the old time TRBC crowd who expect free or close to free tickets to everything are who I was talking about. I certainly understand the pain of going from 2 incomes to 1 after having kids. I am in that boat myself and am lucky if I can get to town for 1 game a year.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Yeah the old time TRBC crowd who expect free or close to free tickets to everything are who I was talking about. I certainly understand the pain of going from 2 incomes to 1 after having kids. I am in that boat myself and am lucky if I can get to town for 1 game a year.
MEGA DITTOS!
thepostman wrote:Yeah the old time TRBC crowd who expect free or close to free tickets to everything are who I was talking about. I certainly understand the pain of going from 2 incomes to 1 after having kids. I am in that boat myself and am lucky if I can get to town for 1 game a year.
But returning to the OP. Game attendance is the only true barometer of fandom or support
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]