Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball
By oldflame
#577779
Tied for 7th and -1 on the day! That may be as high as we can go today, unless we absolutely play lights out. Texas in 6th and Auburn in 5th are both in the clubhouse and ahead of us by 4 and 6 strokes respectively.
By oldflame
#577809
Not a good day for our guys. Dropped to a tie for 23rd. Don't be fooled by the fact that our +15 score was 2 strokes better than yesterday's +17. The course was much more friendly today. Just ask OK State. We had one of the worst scores in the field today. Need to step it up a notch tomorrow, or we will not be playing on day 4.
By LUDad
#577831
oldflame wrote:Not a good day for our guys. Dropped to a tie for 23rd. Don't be fooled by the fact that our +15 score was 2 strokes better than yesterday's +17. The course was much more friendly today. Just ask OK State. We had one of the worst scores in the field today. Need to step it up a notch tomorrow, or we will not be playing on day 4.
Seems like something happened to Yaun on the first day (injury, sick?) and was replaced by Barbin, who has not played much this year. Bad time to have something like that happen. Otherwise, I believe this team would have no problems competing for the 15 team cut.
By SumItUp
#577832
Let's wait and see what happens today. Yaun may be back in the lineup. A replacement can be named any time up to 10 minutes before the tee time. At ten minutes prior to the tee time, the position is locked for the day. Yesterday was an unusually bad day for Chang. It will definitely take a complete team effort today and need solid rounds from everyone. It will probably require one of them to have an exceptional round in comparison to the field.
By oldflame
#577841
Looks like the course is playing tougher again today. To have any chance, we need Lench and Fuchs to continue to play solid as they have and Chang and Vincent, who were our best golfers in the regional, really need to up their game. Yaun would probably have been our 5th score anyway, so I'm not sure his presence or absence will make a difference.
By oldflame
#577902
We had our best day of the tournament, finishing +10 and ended up tied for 20th, six strokes from the cut line. Gabe Lench finished his Liberty career in style, shooting the second best round of the day at -3.
By SumItUp
#577911
Gabe played great this week and will continue to compete tomorrow in the individual stroke play. He is currently T-11th. The top 8 after tomorrow will compete in elimination match play on Tuesday and Wednesday.
By oldflame
#577925
SumItUp wrote:Gabe played great this week and will continue to compete tomorrow in the individual stroke play. He is currently T-11th. The top 8 after tomorrow will compete in elimination match play on Tuesday and Wednesday.
That's fantastic. After my last post I was wondering if he would be eligible to continue as an individual, considering he is 11th on the leader board. Great news! :pbjtime
By oldflame
#577958
Man it's flat out uncanny how the top seeds in this tourney have played to form. The top 5 right now are the 1, 4, 3, 5 and 6 seeds. The only one missing is 2 seed AZ, who just missed the cut by a stroke.
By LUDad
#577968
oldflame wrote:Man it's flat out uncanny how the top seeds in this tourney have played to form. The top 5 right now are the 1, 4, 3, 5 and 6 seeds. The only one missing is 2 seed AZ, who just missed the cut by a stroke.
LU is ranked #22 and finished 20. Though they did finish ahead of 4 teams ranked ahead of them. I don't see how SMU managed to come out of nowhere.
By SumItUp
#577972
I was incorrect about the match play for individual champion. The individual champion, Matthew Wolff, from Oklahoma State was crowned today at the end of four rounds of stroke play. Only the teams continue to match play tomorrow.

Great year for our guys. Congratulations to the guys for a top 20 team finish and Gabe for a top 25 individual finish. Gabe will begin his professional career in the next couple of weeks. Everyone else will be returning. The national championship will be at Grayhawk in Scottsdale, Arizona for the next 3 years.
By oldflame
#577984
LUDad wrote:
oldflame wrote:Man it's flat out uncanny how the top seeds in this tourney have played to form. The top 5 right now are the 1, 4, 3, 5 and 6 seeds. The only one missing is 2 seed AZ, who just missed the cut by a stroke.
LU is ranked #22 and finished 20. Though they did finish ahead of 4 teams ranked ahead of them. I don't see how SMU managed to come out of nowhere.
Finished ahead of #8 Duke, #14 Georgia ( who won our regional) and #16 LSU. Maybe more important, we edged out #18 North Floriday to claim a bit of the ASUN bragging rights, even though they beat us in the conference tournament. Pretty sure they had a Senior dominated team, and we have everyone but Gabe back.
By SumItUp
#578002
LUDad wrote:
oldflame wrote:Man it's flat out uncanny how the top seeds in this tourney have played to form. The top 5 right now are the 1, 4, 3, 5 and 6 seeds. The only one missing is 2 seed AZ, who just missed the cut by a stroke.
LU is ranked #22 and finished 20. Though they did finish ahead of 4 teams ranked ahead of them. I don't see how SMU managed to come out of nowhere.
The SMU team was ranked in the top 20 this year, but took a drop after a combo issue with signing an incorrect scorecard and being short one player due to injury. Coach Enloe also lost his wife last summer to Leukemia. This has been a challenging season for the Mustangs. Regardless of ranking or lack thereof, in the college golf world, it was not a surprise that they were competing for the team championship this week.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-notebo ... 38465.html
By SumItUp
#578035
The Texas / Oklahoma State match is to decide who will play Stanford for the team championship tomorrow. It’s tied up after four players. Zach Bauchou is the remaining OSU player and his match is on the 17th hole.
Head Coach Hugh Freeze

Whats a recovery time on something like that[…]

NC A&T to FBS?

Look for teams to start making the jump to have a […]

Training Camp 2019

In that interview with Bruce Johnson tyndal23 m[…]

New Uniforms

Team or coaches? Some coaches have been buying Jor[…]