Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUDad
Also, a fifth place tie in the regionals results in a playoff. In the finals they use the fifth player's score.
Last edited by LUDad on May 14th, 2019, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LUDad
oldflame wrote:Now up 3 strokes on the Vols. Looks like we are going to the finals! :pbjtime
I still think you are right about going to the finals :D
By LUDad
thepostman wrote:This team tends to get better as each round passes so I'm hoping that holds true.
Only team to out score LU today outside the top 3 was Campbell and they only beat LU by one stroke. At least two of the 4 teams closest to LU would have to best them by 4 strokes. I don't see that happening.
By LUDad
Coach has turned the LU golf team into a perennial ncaa regional participant. Don't be surprised if he turns LU into a perennial Championship participant.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We have dropped a few strokes to par while Nevada and SMU have gotten hot. Currently tied for 5th with the Mustangs.
Last edited by olldflame on May 15th, 2019, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Coach has turned the LU golf team into a perennial ncaa regional participant. Don't be surprised if he turns LU into a perennial Championship participant.
Future looks bright. Only 1 senior (Lench, who will certainly be missed). I believe I read somewhere that we have a commitment from a highly regarded recruit as well.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Now tied for 4th with Nevada 2 strokes ahead of 6th place SMU. It's looking more and more like it will come down to those 3 teams for the final 2 spots.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Something I find curious. One would think there would be a significant overlap in the demographic of teen age kids who are good at golf and those who go to Ivy league schools. Apparently not. Ivy League champion Princeton is dead last in this region and 61 strokes off the lead.
By LUDad
The first four holes on the front side of the course were absolutely brutal for Georgia & Duke. Vincent is now playing #4. He is the last of our team to finish this stretch of the course. Look for a strong finish.

Ouch: SMU, Nevada & Kentucky are all shouting lights out right now.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We are now alone in 5th, 1 ahead of Nevada. We are playing several holes ahead of the 3 closest teams behind us, which should work in our favor considering how hard this course has been playing.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SMU has pulled ahead for 4th. Only GA, playing on their home course, has been better today than the Mustangs. We are in 5th, 1 up on Nevada and 2 up on TN. TN is finishing up like we are while Nevada has several more holes to go. We need to stay ahead of the Vols.
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]