Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
http://www.ibraggle.com/article?id=245989
Scripko to play collegiately at Liberty

Fayetteville Christian’s Nicki Scripko has decided to play college volleyball for Liberty University.

Scripko said Wednesday she has made an oral commitment to the school and plans to sign a national letter-of-intent sometime next week.

“I loved the campus and the atmosphere there,’’ she said. “I’ve always wanted to go to a Christian college. Now I can get the experience in a bigger school.’’

Scripko said she was recruited by the University of North Carolina, UNC-Wilmington and Elon.

Scripko, the All-Cape Fear region volleyball player of the year the past two seasons, led her team to the finals of last week’s N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association 2-A tournament at Fayetteville Academy. The Warriors lost in the title match to Asheville Christian.

Scripko finished the season with 85 service aces and a serving percentage of 92.3 percent.

She had 404 kills and 42 blocks.
Last edited by A.G. on November 16th, 2006, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
And--to satisfy SJ so that this thread won't be deemed worthless:

and

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I was going to find the worthless picture and saw that.

You're learning AG.

Not bad.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
:shock:
:)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
She'd look better not in a uniform.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Whoooooaaaa, wait a minute.

By that, I mean in normal, everyday clothes.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
ohhh boy SJ...easssssssy eassssssy
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
nice save SJ
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
or attempt

but back to nik...this girls the real deal...first player LU's gotten on the top 200 list and thats saying something when you look at some of our studs in the past, Belk, McU (Iffy was not in the US)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I hit submit and was like, "Crap, I'm gonna get a ton of crap for that one" and immediately put the second message on there.

I'm not gonna lie, the only reason I watch volleyball is for the players. Most guys will agree with that. If they admit it or not is a different story.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
just keepin it real, right
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Can't hide the truth.

You saw Coastal's volleyball team last year. Why do you think people went to those games? It wasn't because they were good. It was 6' girls who were gorgeous wearing spandex.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
In general at every school, the volleyball players are the best looking athletes (and sometimes the only good looking athletes)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
nice socks
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Realist wrote:In general at every school, the volleyball players are the best looking athletes (and sometimes the only good looking athletes)
Women's soccer is up there too.
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
Just be weary of the field hockey players :roll:
By vadimivich
Registration Days Posts
When I came home from college one year (Nicki was ... 12?) and took her to a movie over Christmas break, I ran into a high school friend and he wanted to know who my new girlfriend was, because she was already about 6' tall. Kind of a tough awakening to an older brother to realise that guy thought of your little sister that way.

Nicki's mom played D1 volleyball and has coached her and her older sister since they were able to walk basically. Nicki has a terrific all court game because her sister was always on the same team and so he had to learn to set and play back row with her sister up front a lot of the time. She was named as one of Rich Kern's "Senior Aces" and is regarded as one of top 100 high school players in the country. The girl is an absolute monster around the net now, you're going to enjoy watching her play at Liberty.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Congrats!
All-American finalists

Nicki Scripko of Fayetteville Christian and Elisabeth Ennis of Village Christian are finalists for All-American volleyball recognition by the National Christian School Athletic Association.

They are among 40 players in contention for the 18 spots on the All-American team, which will be announced later this month.

Scripko and Ennis are headed for college on scholarships. Scripko signed with Liberty University while Ennis chose Campbell University.
http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=251663
2025 Recruiting Discussion

It's good to see us bringing in some quality recru[…]

2024 Season Thread

Nice breakdown. Sounds like a promising class

This year's men’s basketball?

Ben Southerland is going to Wright State. A bit of[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazettenet[…]