Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Ive been pondering the question above as to is this year best ever and is it the best time to be a flames fan? I realize there are several sports still to finish but to me its a yes unless baseball and softball completely tank.

Football - fbs now 6 and 6. Recruiting up, oh yea and freeze
Mbb- best year ever, most wins, reg season champ, tourney champ, tourney win and punch for punch with tech
Baseball - 18 and 6 and 5 and 0 vs acc so far. Top 70 rpi and look bound for postseason run
Wbb - 3rd in reg season and 2nd in tourney without best player
Softball - looks to be a slight step back from last years historic run but still a good season and future is bright
Volleyball - hard to judge. New coach in transition
Golf - top 25 right now. Incredible season
Swimming and diving - at last check undefeated?
Track and field - all they ever do is win.
Field hockey - top 25.
Soccer - 2 500 programs one with coaching change

Either way it seems to be the golden age of lu athletics.
Last edited by jinxy on April 1st, 2019, 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flamehunter wrote:I'd say it's a nice entrance into the golden age with hopefully many more years to come. Is it coincidence that Ian McCaw stepped in as AD a short time ago and this is where we find ourselves? I don't think so.
Of course not lol. It took time for him [and associates] to make Baylor successful, but with more financial opportunity and support here, he can build LU's athletics a bit faster. Some of what Tyndal was stating about scheduling might not be so crazy after all; don't be surprised when we actually grow into a top 25 or at least getting votes in most of our teams. We saw what occurred this year with men's basketball . No kool aid drinking; just sipping on an Arnold Palmer w/ limoncello right now 8) .
With exception to Football, everything is already in place for all other sports - what sport do we not have P5 level facilities now? Even Vines is P5 level capacity wise - practice facilities definitely are, and new arena will be via quality. P5 Conference isn’t needed to be NCAA champs and all sports have a path to a championship except Football. Odds of LU winning an NCAA hoops championship? Math isn’t good but tourney makes it possible for Gonzaga’s and Villanova’s of the world and one day an LU to break through. Odds of LU winning in Softball, Baseball, Golf - better. Odds of LU winning an NCAA football championship playing as a G5 equivalent ? Zero. Odds of winning as a P5 Equivalent - about as good as Hoops - but at least it exists. Kool Aid is thinking you are better than you are - has nothing to do with a Master Plan. Again, If Football scheduling was like Hoops where you create it in the months prior to playing - I wouldn’t be talking about scheduling up for better recruits, coaching longevity and a path to a championship - would simply wait until a 10 win season then start hollering - it just doesn’t work that way with schedules 5-7 years out.
Another interesting thought. Jb hired jackson richardson and mckay. Also whiffed on layer, extending layer and guaranteeing fball assts. no way of knowing how much of these were all him but i would guess jackson was def his hire. I think his football philosophy was way off base.

Today he would be an excellent number 2 guy though its obvious that would never happen.
jinxy wrote:Another interesting thought. Jb hired jackson richardson and mckay. Also whiffed on layer, extending layer and guaranteeing fball assts. no way of knowing how much of these were all him but i would guess jackson was def his hire. I think his football philosophy was way off base.

Today he would be an excellent number 2 guy though its obvious that would never happen.
We already have the best number 2 guy on the planet.

No question JB's last 3 major hires are turning out to be outstanding.
Football 2015 - LU vs Montana - biggest home game vs #7 FCS - here we are 4 years later with Hugh Freeze and a probable top 20 FBS coming in and we are arguing about beating them - coming off a 1st round hoops win, coach of the year award, baseball predicted in regional, softball predicted in regional, golf top 20 ASUN every sport, Club sports out the wazoo - . JR on national TV and radio every week talking about LU and his weekly convos with the Prez of USA - pretty cool no matter what angle you look at it from as an alumni. I hope this isn’t the Golden Era of Sports for LU - simuly the penultimate run to long term establshed execellence.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]