Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Starting the season on the pole at Daytona is pretty sweet. Let's bring our discussion to this thread for his second season in LU #24.
By Old Red
ESPN's Ryan McGee wrote a really article about Jimmie Johnson starting over with a new crew chief. He mentioned how Chad Knaus is great at developing talent and building programs up (Jimmie didn't need any help with that). Now that William has Knaus managing the team, the sky's the limit. I think the two of them are gonna start making some serious noise this season.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story ... -cup-title
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
William, driving more like a veteran than most of the veterans, gets caught up in a wreck with two laps to go riding in sixth place. He looked really good today. Just a matter of time until he is in victory lane.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It was maddening because he worked his way back up tot he lead pack in the final lap only to have someone drive straight into him. He was a beast all day and avoided that massive pileup with fantatsic instncts.

I will be surprised if he doesn't have multiple wins in 2019.

Cool seeing Joe Gibbs emotional after the race. Class act to the max.
By LUAlum1215
I was fortunate enough to attend the race in Richmond this weekend, and had hot passes to boot. It was an incredible experience. Here are a few pics of Byron and the team.

By Old Red
William just raced his way into the All-Star race. Great photo finish & nearly wrecked coming to the checkers.
Hopefully he can make some noise in the big event tonight. Proud of the guts he showed in the preliminary race.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Top 10 for Will in the All-Star Race...next up is his second run in the 600
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
So glad they got rid of that group qualifying...although I did like the excitement that they had at Charlotte when they would run a lap, go flying into the pits, do a four-tire stop and then fly around for one more lap
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He is solidly in the top 16 un 12th with 5 races to go (50 points above the playoff cutline)
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
For those staying up late... Darlington race just starting after rain delay. Byron on the pole.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
By winning the Pole, Byron became only the 3rd driver in history to win pole for Daytona 500, World 600 and Southern 500 in the same season.

Look for Byron to run "up front" more , once playoffs start. There have been some races where he ran conservative 'for the points". In playoffs, it mostly win or you're out.

In Talladega next month, I hope to visit his Pit Stall.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In today's Brickyard 400, Byron ran in top 10 most of day, after starting 29th, and came home in 4th place.

This was last race of regular season, now it's playoff time. I look for him to run better in playoffs, because its basically win or be eliminated, especially after first round.

Word in pits is, crew chief held him back in some races to get points to get in playoffs. Now that he is in, No need to be conservative.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Off to a nice start in the playoffs. Seventh at Vegas. Byron and team have really upped their game the last several weeks. Hopefully a win soon.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]