Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: September 19th, 2019, 1:14 pm LU has extended sponsorship through the 2021 season on the #24.
That's awesome news. We would love to see the article you gained this information from. Would you be willing to learn how to add the link to your post?

LUalum already sent it to me privately. I'd just like to teach you for future posts.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I can't believe nobody has posted this, but Byron won Stage 1 at Talladega today, then the rain came and race was red flagged. Race will resume at 1:00 ( Central Time) tomorrow.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
No one watches NASCAR any more. Charlotte and some other tracks have taken out seats, attendance is way down. Who cares who wins a "stage"? Who cares about a "playoff" in racing? NASCAR has made some mistakes that they will never recover from. I used to go to several races a year, it was great fun. Now, it would be a real hard choice between having to attend a NASCAR race, bobbing for apples in a bucket of kerosene, or an NBA game. All insufferable. They are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic right now.
By LU 57
flameshaw wrote: October 13th, 2019, 6:23 pm No one watches NASCAR any more. Charlotte and some other tracks have taken out seats, attendance is way down. Who cares who wins a "stage"? Who cares about a "playoff" in racing? NASCAR has made some mistakes that they will never recover from. I used to go to several races a year, it was great fun. Now, it would be a real hard choice between having to attend a NASCAR race, bobbing for apples in a bucket of kerosene, or an NBA game. All insufferable. They are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic right now.
Totally agree. Used to have season tix at Richmond. NASCAR and it’s drivers became too big for their britches ~10 years ago. Drivers became Hollywood celebrities. Have not been to a race in 10+ years. Would rather watch paint dry.

That said I have taken a bit of an interest in Byron.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Resistor plates are another big mistake NASCAR made several years ago. Surprisingly they survived that debacle, but will all the rest of the silliness they have implemented, I don't ever see a recovery back to where they once stood.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Bryon finished 5th at Kansas yesterday, but missed cutoff to advance to final 8. I believe he ended up 10th in points race.

Now he can forget about points, and be more aggressive, which hopefully results in a win.
By LUAlum1215
ballcoach15 wrote: October 30th, 2019, 10:16 am Byron is on campus today.
I figured he was. Saw the HMS show car hauler and the show car at the old CR Hudgins building, and the HMS jet at Freedom.

Also, he finished 17th today after leading 8 laps.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
What the heck did I just watch? Byron made unbelieve moves in both OT's and had the race won, then 21 comes down and slams into him forcing him below the yellow line, 9 gets involved and then Hamlin drives 10 feet below the yellow line to pass them all. NASCAR disqualifies 21 and 9 for forcing 24 below the yellow line and then rules the Hamlin is okay going down there "in a straightaway" without being forced.

:dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wait? There’s Overtime in NASCAR? That’s weird.
No F1 this week but a huge historic race next weekend. Tune in
TH Spangler liked this

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]