Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I don't follow NASCAR, but sources say that Liberty advertising was no longer on Byron's car. :shock: Can anyone else confirm that?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 4th, 2020, 7:13 pm Wait? There’s Overtime in NASCAR? That’s weird.
No F1 this week but a huge historic race next weekend. Tune in
This one went 3 overtimes. Like postman said, drivers kept turning right. :lol:
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: October 5th, 2020, 6:26 am I think Liberty only sponsors a dozen or so races per season.
I don't know much about NASCAR, but I do know that this is the case. Liberty is only one of the sponsors, and does not have an exclusive deal to appear every race.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: October 5th, 2020, 6:05 am I don't follow NASCAR, but sources say that Liberty advertising was no longer on Byron's car. :shock: Can anyone else confirm that?
LU is the "primary sponsor" for 12 races. Hertz was to have been primary sponsor for Talladega race, but they went bankrupt or something, thus Hendrickcars.com was on the car Sunday. There was a LU decal on rear fender.

Byron had a good shot at winning until the 21 car forced him below the yellow line.
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: October 4th, 2020, 7:13 pm Wait? There’s Overtime in NASCAR? That’s weird.
So, I basically knew very little about F1, but saw the documentary series on Netflix and remembered PH plugging it.

I will say my wife and I have really enjoyed it. Very interesting stories. Have been particularly struck by the spectacle of it. Knew it was big, but man these tracks in Singapore, Bahrain, and such are truly amazing.

Am going to even try tuning in to the race on Sunday. If you like sports documentaries, give it a try.

Good recommendation PH.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: March 27th, 2021, 5:12 am
So, I basically knew very little about F1, but saw the documentary series on Netflix and remembered PH plugging it.

I will say my wife and I have really enjoyed it. Very interesting stories. Have been particularly struck by the spectacle of it. Knew it was big, but man these tracks in Singapore, Bahrain, and such are truly amazing.

Am going to even try tuning in to the race on Sunday. If you like sports documentaries, give it a try.

Good recommendation PH.
Glad you enjoyed it! I would recommend even watching Qualifying on Saturday (Quali’s as they call it). It shows how they end up where on the grid.
I watched some of the testing yesterday so I’m very excited about the season. My wife and I tentatively have the Canadian Grand Prix on our plans this summer....if Canada is open.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]