Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Lax Dude
Registration Days
I just want to say this and let some people ponder on these thoughts. There would not have been a LU Lacrosse team if not for Westy. As a Player he was the one that sold us all on starting this program in the 80's. When the Team folded in 1998 because of lack of support from the University. He was the Guy that came along a second time and lifted this Lacrosse program from the dead and made it what it is today not just once but twice. This second time as a Coach while he lived in another State and had contract obligations to Coach at another University in 2002. Wes asked the Alumni to fund different projects for the Lacrosse team over the years and we have helped him but I know for a fact that he has paid thousands of Dollars out of his own pocket in the name of LU Lacrosse. In recent times we all have felt that Wes was mistreated by the Team and the University after the accident and we have told Wes as a group we will not support LU Lacrosse under Metallo's leadership.

With that said I know speaking for most of the LU Lacrosse Alumni we support the current Players of the team and want nothing more then to see the LU Lacrosse program take off. But like the Wildman said there is going to have to be a time of healing before the Alumni get involved with the program like we were under the leadership of Wes. This Guy Metallo will have to win us over as a group and at the moment he is not on our favorite list.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Do yall play in the snow?
By Thelaxman
Is there snow there Atrain?

Yes they do play in the snow. But it really depends on the condition of the field or turf. If they do not show up at 1 PM then you can concide that the game has been cancled.

Thelaxman
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I really don't want to see this forum slide into a thelaxman vs. the current coach debate. Let's do our best to keep this focused on supporting & following the team if at all possible. Its cool to see some of the alumni finding their way to our board and we are proud of your contributions to Liberty Lacrosse. Now we are behind the guys battling on the field for us today and moving forward.
By Thelaxman
No worries Sly Fox.

I have spoken with these Guys.

All the best,

Thelaxman
Last edited by Thelaxman on May 6th, 2006, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Thelaxman
Is there snow in Lynchburg? Does anyone know?
By Thelaxman
Atrain:

I checked the weather and the current conditions are Cloudy and the Temp is 32. They are calling for snow and sleet this afternoon in South Central Virginia. It is sunny and windy here in NM. They were calling for snow in Santa Fe yesterday but it looks like our game is going to happen.

Thelaxman
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sorry LAXMan, couldn't make it out to this one...I had, unfortunately, some things I needed to attend to this afternoon.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
good to see some lax players and alumni posting. hopefully we can get a player to posr game reports. i too do not want to see a coaching debate. coach westfall seems like a great guy from my conversations with him, and is a big supporter, and maybe the new coach can get on here and give us a preview of the team!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
checked again this AM and was glad to see the men's site has been updated. new features incl updated schedule, roster list (under construction), their own proboards forum, and links to a Coaches page, photo albums and more.

This will be great when its up and running. Unfortunately geo-sites crashed as I was view their slide show portion- hopefully I didn't cause it!

Looking forward to seeing how it develops, you guys should stop by and sign their guest book to show your support for LU LAX.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]