Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: BuryYourDuke, jcmanson, Sly Fox

User avatar
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
#552634
The five-member class, the 10th to be inducted into the Liberty Athletics Hall of Fame, will be honored during special ceremonies surrounding Liberty's football matchup with Norfolk State on Sept. 15 at Williams Stadium.

The five-member class includes Peter Aluma (men's basketball), Rashad Jennings (football), Frank Landrey (men's golf head coach), Danielle [McNaney] Detmer (women's track & field) and Warren Stewart (wrestling).

The Liberty Athletics Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held, Sept. 14, on the Club Pavilion level of the Williams Stadium Tower.
https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cf ... &teamID=10
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
#552678
I love me some Rashad, but is it too soon for him to go in? I mean, are there some earlier players just as deserving, or have we tapped out the earlier eras?

Or am I older than I thought?!
User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts Custom
#552694
What's the deal with Larry Blair? Was there a falling out with him I'm not aware of? I know he had his critics but without him there wouldn't of been a 2004 conference championship. Also that championship run was one of the highlights of my freshman year so I may be biased. It just seems odd
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
Posts
#552702
JK37 wrote:I love me some Rashad, but is it too soon for him to go in? I mean, are there some earlier players just as deserving, or have we tapped out the earlier eras?

Or am I older than I thought?!
Probably the most famous Liberty athlete though.
By oldflame
Posts
#552704
thepostman wrote:What's the deal with Larry Blair? Was there a falling out with him I'm not aware of? I know he had his critics but without him there wouldn't of been a 2004 conference championship. Also that championship run was one of the highlights of my freshman year so I may be biased. It just seems odd
Looking at the MBB players who have been inducted, I would not have put Larry in before any of them. I´m thinking he will be next, followed by Jesse Sanders.
User avatar
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
#552749
Often times these decisions are based on availability to attend the ceremony in the fall. Otherwise I suspect Aluma would have been in years ago.
User avatar
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts Custom
#552752
oldflame wrote:
thepostman wrote:What's the deal with Larry Blair? Was there a falling out with him I'm not aware of? I know he had his critics but without him there wouldn't of been a 2004 conference championship. Also that championship run was one of the highlights of my freshman year so I may be biased. It just seems odd
Looking at the MBB players who have been inducted, I would not have put Larry in before any of them. I´m thinking he will be next, followed by Jesse Sanders.
Valid point. I'm pretty biased on the topic so clearly its clouding my judgment a bit.
By oldflame
Posts
#552766
Sly Fox wrote:Often times these decisions are based on availability to attend the ceremony in the fall. Otherwise I suspect Aluma would have been in years ago.
I don´t pretend to know a lot about what Peter has been doing post-basketball. If he has been back in Nigeria working in his father´s business, I would say your point is valid. Considering he married an American girl he met at Liberty, I really doubt that is the case. I think there may have been other factors. As a fan, I admit to harboring a bit of resentment over how he handled things going into and during his Senior year. The expression ¨mailed it in¨ comes to mind.
By oldflame
Posts
#552773
Pretty sure LU covers travel expenses for inductees and spouses, and there is plenty of lead time to schedule a day or 2 off work, so the likelihood of someone actually not being able to attend is slim.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
#552808
Aluma mailed in more than just his senior year. Was never better than his freshman year. As good as he was over the course of his career, his is totally a case of “What Could Have Been?”

So so sad.
By oldflame
Posts
#564540
JK37 wrote:Aluma mailed in more than just his senior year. Was never better than his freshman year. As good as he was over the course of his career, his is totally a case of “What Could Have Been?”

So so sad.
Check out the pics of him at the HOF presentation. He´s gotta be pushing 4 bills. Maybe more.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
#564582
oldflame wrote:
JK37 wrote:Aluma mailed in more than just his senior year. Was never better than his freshman year. As good as he was over the course of his career, his is totally a case of “What Could Have Been?”

So so sad.
Check out the pics of him at the HOF presentation. He´s gotta be pushing 4 bills. Maybe more.
I was shocked when I saw him in those photos. I'd say easily 400+.
User avatar
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
#564753
flamehunter wrote:
oldflame wrote:
JK37 wrote:Aluma mailed in more than just his senior year. Was never better than his freshman year. As good as he was over the course of his career, his is totally a case of “What Could Have Been?”

So so sad.
Check out the pics of him at the HOF presentation. He´s gotta be pushing 4 bills. Maybe more.
I was shocked when I saw him in those photos. I'd say easily 400+.
:needspics
User avatar
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
#564832
ballcoach15 wrote:Why did he wear pajamas to ceremony ?
He’s from Nigeria and that style is part of their traditional formal dress.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

I've noticed a trend at the high school level to f[…]

New Basketball Arena

Are they just pumping it out the back. Doesnt see[…]

Summer Vacation Plans

I haven't yet been to the Balearic Islands but the[…]

Fantasy Football '20

I'm in too. I can't remember who was running it. I[…]