Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:As someone who lives a rocks throw from KSU this excites me.

I'm sure it does. Happy for you.

I guess it would be asking too much for the A-Sun to start a C-Sun division (Caribbean). The university near me doesn't have an athletic program, but I guarantee you they could put together a killer baseball team in no time. Associate member, maybe? 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm too old to drive to these away schools, but if LU gets a tour bus of fans going, I'm there.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I'm too old to drive to these away schools, but if LU gets a tour bus of fans going, I'm there.
The destinations we will have on the schedule are the king of places where companies who do bus tours could do package deals that included the game as well as hitting local attractions.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I didn't know this until the press conference, but I found this very interesting.
ASUN Indoor Track & Field
The ASUN conducted its Indoor Track & Field Championships at Liberty this past spring. The student-athlete experience was tremendous, the evaluations positive, and included a strong recommendation for returning to Liberty for future ASUN Indoor Track & Field Championships. The ASUN plans to be back at Liberty for next year’s championship. The ASUN Indoor Track & Field Championships will coincide with the CCSA Swimming & Diving Championships.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_JZ ... s=5afdba0e
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Does the ASUN have plans for any further membership expansion? .
The ASUN has received interest from multiple institutions and continually monitors membership issues and opportunities. The ASUN has options if it chooses to expand further. Expansion must provide a mutually beneficial partnership between the institution and the conference. The ASUN Presidents’ Council will continue to shape and strengthen the ASUN’s future growth.
interesting
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So I guess LU won't be hosting the Big South softball tournament next year after all. Sorry about that, ballcoach. :cry:
By LUDad
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope High Point stays in BSC. I cannot see them adding value to any conference. Sort of like a Longwood University.
Ballcoach, have you ever been to High Point's campus? It's a palace, and they call themselves the "Harvard of the South." And you may have heard of their basketball coach. His name is Tubby Smith, and he's a HPU alumnus.
Wife & I drove up to HP to watch baseball game this year. Beautiful campus.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:So I guess LU won't be hosting the Big South softball tournament next year after all. Sorry about that, ballcoach. :cry:
Be interesting to see where ASUN softball tournament be in 2019. Who knows, it might be at LU.

But I plan to go, no matter where it's at.
By Ewglenn
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:The only negative (if there is one) is travel distance to some of the schools from Lynchburg. But on the bright side, most (if not all), ASUN schools are located in good geographical areas of the nation., which will make for some good road trips.
Liberty strengthens the ASUN in every sport immediately, I believe.
It is a negative for a lot of people. Not everyone who would like to go to road games has the free time or financial resources to make multiple trips of this length. Most will need to go to a lot fewer away games. Some may not be able to go at all. There is no doubt that overall the A-Sun schools are located in more interesting places than the BSC.
Maybe those people will end up going to all of the home games.
By cruzan_flame13
I’m sure some folks who are whining about the long distance away games never even considered going to the home/away games during our time in the Big South. I rather alumni’s in those big areas have the opportunity to go to the games and represent us because those who lived close to our away games didn’t even go to them. I understand that people have families and jobs, but what is the point of nagging about it? Well, everyone have the freedom to express their opinions but it is quite silly though. On a different subtopic connected to the discussion, I’m just glad that some of the teams in the A-Sun are recognized on the east coast and some other areas. What is really interesting is that this move could be somewhat beneficial for our growth and the possible networking for the next conference realignment in the next 5-6 years.
By LUDad
Jonathan Carone wrote:
jinxy wrote:Rpi wise and recruiting wise its better. Travel wise it stinks but its probably pre emptive in nature.
I had this exact conversation earlier today and was convinced it’s actually a win. The alumni/fan bases around the Big South schools is significantly lower than the bigger cities of the ASun. On top of that, the fans in the Carolinas/Virginia might be more inclined to visit Lynchburg for a home game than they would be with the local Big South schools. So while most fans can’t go to more away games, it sets up nicely for more fans to attend a game.
I'm sure the admin at LU has already thrown the alumni mailing list into a mapping program to visually and statistical see the impact of the change. Certainly use the info in selling targeted ads on broadcasts and mailing campaigns.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:The only negative (if there is one) is travel distance to some of the schools from Lynchburg. But on the bright side, most (if not all), ASUN schools are located in good geographical areas of the nation., which will make for some good road trips.
Liberty strengthens the ASUN in every sport immediately, I believe.
It is a negative for a lot of people. Not everyone who would like to go to road games has the free time or financial resources to make multiple trips of this length. Most will need to go to a lot fewer away games. Some may not be able to go at all. There is no doubt that overall the A-Sun schools are located in more interesting places than the BSC.
Maybe those people will end up going to all of the home games.
You are on to something that struck me immediately. This, in theory, places more value on LU Home games Not that there were a lot of people going to away games to begin with, BUT now that traveling distances are greater, your only realistic chance to see games are now at home. That extends you CTR more and ‘forces’ people further out to drive to home games. Will it be a big impact? Depends on your definition of big. But it certainly would make Home dates more ‘valuable’ ( some other school had similar thinking but they missed one key point)
By LUDad
I think this can be wonderful and exciting venture. My only concern is being unequally yoked and the overt and covert pressures that can and will be brought to bare to have LU "tone" down their faith, to go along to get along in a secular setting. I have heard all the arguments that Christians make when they want to marry a non-christian. Yet, it is tipically the Christian that ends up compromising their faith instead of converting the spouse. How many institute's of learning that started as bastions of the faith are now Christian in name only, or even hostile to the faith. LU needs to be respectful but firm in resisting efforts to conform us.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:I think this can be wonderful and exciting venture. My only concern is being unequally yoked and the overt and covert pressures that can and will be brought to bare to have LU "tone" down their faith, to go along to get along in a secular setting. I have heard all the arguments that Christians make when they want to marry a non-christian. Yet, it is tipically the Christian that ends up compromising their faith instead of converting the spouse. How many institute's of learning that started as bastions of the faith are now Christian in name only, or even hostile to the faith. LU needs to be respectful but firm in resisting efforts to conform us.
If you are suggesting the BSC was/is anything other than a secular setting, you are mistaken. I don't really see how this move changes anything in that regard. While there are probably more schools in the BSC that began as faith based institutions, the A-Sun has a couple as well, and frankly the only other one of the bunch that still has any semblance of a Christian culture is CSU.
By Jonathan Carone
LUDad wrote:I think this can be wonderful and exciting venture. My only concern is being unequally yoked and the overt and covert pressures that can and will be brought to bare to have LU "tone" down their faith, to go along to get along in a secular setting. I have heard all the arguments that Christians make when they want to marry a non-christian. Yet, it is tipically the Christian that ends up compromising their faith instead of converting the spouse. How many institute's of learning that started as bastions of the faith are now Christian in name only, or even hostile to the faith. LU needs to be respectful but firm in resisting efforts to conform us.
Hasn't seemed to hurt Lipscomb.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Hasn't seemed to hurt Lipscomb.
Bring me up to speed on that Jon. Is Lipscomb still functioning as a faith-based university? If so, they are doing better in that regard than most of the schools in the BSC who started out that way.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]