Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And 11 Big South Quiz Bowl championships, even going undefeated in conference 8 of those years! Study
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
One more sleep. When we wake up tomorrow, LU will be official members of the A-Sun.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
NOTHING in the Lynchburg paper about LU moving to the ASUN today. :frustrated :banghead
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I dream of the day that Lynchburg paper is as good as Roanoke paper. The Danville paper refuses to cover Danville Braves games. Probably only Minor League team in America that local paper refuses to cover each game. I believe all are owned by same company.

Does anyone know if Big South Logos have been removed from campus, and replaced with ASUN logos ?
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Rke times is super liberal ballcoach. Surprised you would want that ha. Even their sports writers regularly go after trump on twitter. Strange day.

Also the odu beat writer harry minnion (spelling) is out. Sounds like another jerry ratcliffe situation. Also sounds like he may be doing the same thing jerry is now.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I read RT several days a week, but only sports pages. As for Twitter, I only use it to get scores of games. Only thing it's good for.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ASUN will start releasing conference schedules starting tomorrow. Different sport to be announced each day. Baseball will be released July 12. Softball July 13.

Can't remember other sports release dates.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Roanoke paper makes a point that I don't remember ever seeing discussed here.
The Flames have belonged to the Big South since 1991. But because of Liberty’s decision to leave Big South football, Liberty’s Big South status would have been downgraded by the conference from full to associate membership had the school stayed in the league for those 17 other sports.

The change to associate membership would have diminished Liberty when it came to league revenue distribution, its Big South voting rights and hosting league tournaments.
https://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleges ... d2bf7.html
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
All of that is true. Some schools in the league wanted to use it as an opportunity to force LU out altogether. But Liberty countered with giving up their revenue share and “some” voting rights. The conference championship stuff is first I’ve heard of that. The T&F coaches specifically still wanted that on the table because Liberty’s facility is world-class. Rumor was they may still try to host Big South Championships there, a la A Sun last year.

When LU gave up revenue, the votes swung and LU was allowed to stay as an associate.

Believe me, the remaining BSC members are happy to see LU gone - all except Hampton. LU just didn’t belong anymore.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This is an interesting statistic from the Roanoke article that really shows how much we had outgrown the Big South in terms of athletic budgets.
Lineburg, whose athletic department will have about a $12 million budget for the upcoming school year, said he won’t miss having a league rival with the wallet that Liberty has.

“Liberty certainly has a financial favorability that many of us in the Big South don’t have. This kind of levels the financial playing field with the other schools in the league,” he said.

“When you have facilities like they have and an annual operating budget north of $40 million or so, and most of the schools in our league are somewhere between … an $8 million budget to a $16 million budget, that is a big difference.”
By Class of 20Something
Cider Jim wrote:This is an interesting statistic from the Roanoke article that really shows how much we had outgrown the Big South in terms of athletic budgets.
Lineburg, whose athletic department will have about a $12 million budget for the upcoming school year, said he won’t miss having a league rival with the wallet that Liberty has.

“Liberty certainly has a financial favorability that many of us in the Big South don’t have. This kind of levels the financial playing field with the other schools in the league,” he said.

“When you have facilities like they have and an annual operating budget north of $40 million or so, and most of the schools in our league are somewhere between … an $8 million budget to a $16 million budget, that is a big difference.”
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Hampton and CSU are now only BSC schools I like . The Head football coach is a friend of mine, and I have 9 semester hours from HU.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have 9 semester hours from HU.
Ballcoach, you attended an historically black college? What was that like?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:All of that is true. Some schools in the league wanted to use it as an opportunity to force LU out altogether. But Liberty countered with giving up their revenue share and “some” voting rights. The conference championship stuff is first I’ve heard of that. The T&F coaches specifically still wanted that on the table because Liberty’s facility is world-class. Rumor was they may still try to host Big South Championships there, a la A Sun last year.

When LU gave up revenue, the votes swung and LU was allowed to stay as an associate.

Believe me, the remaining BSC members are happy to see LU gone - all except Hampton. LU just didn’t belong anymore.
The BSC will miss LU a lot more than LU will miss the BSC.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider, back in the day, I attended the VHSL coaches clinic in Hampton. They had this deal where one could get college credit at clinic. I done it 3 times at 3 semester hours each time.

Actually it was the Coaches Association Clinic, not VHSL.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Since Bronco Mendenhall thinks UVA only has 27 ACC players, maybe UVA should drop out of ACC, drop to FCS, and have LU take their place in ACC.
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote:Since Bronco Mendenhall thinks UVA only has 27 ACC players, maybe UVA should drop out of ACC, drop to FCS, and have LU take their place in ACC.
How much ACC players do you believe LU obtains? We all know that the ACC will not allow LU ever based on politics and academic standing(even though academia is so manipulated, but that's another topic for another day).
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Academic standing will not keep LU out of any conference. Now politics is another story.

ACC has some schools that no one will ever get confused with Ivy League schools.

Louisville, UNC, NC State, FSU, Miami to name a few. When ACC invited Louisville into the conference, they threw all academic standings into the sewage pipes, under ACC offices in Greensboro, NC.
By Ewglenn
ballcoach15 wrote:Academic standing will not keep LU out of any conference. Now politics is another story.

ACC has some schools that no one will ever get confused with Ivy League schools.

Louisville, UNC, NC State, FSU, Miami to name a few. When ACC invited Louisville into the conference, they threw all academic standings into the sewage pipes, under ACC offices in Greensboro, NC.
UofL is a tier one university LU is not. We have a ways to go in that department.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]