Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope High Point stays in BSC. I cannot see them adding value to any conference. Sort of like a Longwood University.
That is so insulting to High Point. They are nothing like Longwood other then not having football.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I can’t rememver what I’ve posted where, so forgive me if I’ve already said pieces of this.

Last year we tried to get in the ASun but were short three votes. One story goes that it was going to be us, Hampton, and High Point. For whatever reason, it fell through at the last minute.

This year we approached them again and we had the votes. Obviously Hampton isn’t going because they’re joining the Big South. I don’t know if there’s interest on either side in High Point any more.
I can confirm most of this. We were mere days from announcing a move to the ASUN last year but they backed out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope High Point stays in BSC. I cannot see them adding value to any conference. Sort of like a Longwood University.
That is so insulting to High Point. They are nothing like Longwood other then not having football.
Plus they are taller......
By Class of 20Something
Ewglenn wrote:So NJIT spent over 100 million on their new basketball arena :shock:
Between that and their residential enrollment, it's nice to associate ourselves with people that aren't complacent.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
You just lost whatever small shred of credibility you had outside of your tiny little softball bubble.
By Ewglenn
TH Spangler wrote:Big South and ASUN have a partnership, right? Any ASUN team with FCS football gets an auto in to the BSC. :dontgetit
Yes but they have to have scholarships most of the ASUN football teams were in the pioneer league I believe.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:Big South and ASUN have a partnership, right? Any ASUN team with FCS football gets an auto in to the BSC. :dontgetit
They get an associate membership for football, a sport that the A-Sun does not sponsor.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:We would share a flight with HPU to Florida? Are we stopping by to pick them up somewhere?

Regarding NJIT, construction costs in that area are pretty outrageous thanks to the unions. Not sure if they had to purchase property, but obviously that is high as well.
"Travel partners" has absolutely nothing to do with sharing flights or otherwise traveling together. That never happens. The idea is that when a team goes on the road, they can schedule 2 games at locations convenient to each other on the same trip. In the BSC, Longwood and Radford were our travel partners. In basketball, a school like Chucky South could come to Lynchburg for a Thursday game and then play Longwood or Radford on Saturday, saving travel time and expenses as well as classes missed.

If HP joined the A-Sun, Florida schools could fly into Charlotte and then bus to games at HP and Liberty before returning.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Bingo oldflame. It would make a ton of sense for high point to be added. Especially with so many florida teams. High point is actually respectable in most sports. They never can seem to kick the door in but they certainly wouldnt be a the cellar dweller.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
So I know this is Liberty and everything leaks but is there any chance this announcement is any larger than the Again?

Just fan postman dreaming. I'll go back to me negativity soon.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Does anyone know or have a good idea if membership in the ASUN will possibly give us more freedom with LFSN broadcasts?
I can't imagine it would be worse. :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:So I know this is Liberty and everything leaks but is there any chance this announcement is any larger than the Again?

Just fan postman dreaming. I'll go back to me negativity soon.
Wanna buy some swamp land in Arizona?
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
Just heard from insider that we are actively trying to get a school or two to move with us. Will share two of the schools when I confirm I can do so.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:They get an associate membership for Quiz Bowl, a sport that the A-Sun does not sponsor.
FIFY--I wish this were true. :cry:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:Just heard from insider that we are actively trying to get a school or two to move with us. Will share two of the schools when I confirm I can do so.
So, if Hampton were to flip to The A-Sun as well, does the BSC keep them as an associate member for football? I think they have to, for both practical and contractual reasons.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I have been a fan of Harry Minium, but saying that LU leaving the BSC "deprives" Hampton of an in-state rival? :roll: :roll:
Longwood and Radford are in the back of the room waving their hands.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, have you ever been to High Point's campus? It's a palace, and they call themselves the "Harvard of the South." And you may have heard of their basketball coach. His name is Tubby Smith, and he's a HPU alumnus.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:Not sure, but HP and Hampton are two that we are trying to get to come with. Pretty sure trying to get both not just one.
For Hampton to go to the A-Sun, they will need a home for football. While they may do it holding their nose, it would benefit the BSC to keep them for that, and in addition, the contract they made with the A-Sun would probably obligate them anyway. If this were to happen, the BSC would still have 9 full members and 8 football teams (counting N. Alabama when they qualify), with 4 of the football teams being associate members. Their autobid status would be solid, but man, what a hit it would be for the conference overall to lose LU, HP and Hampton (before they really even had them) and only pick up USC-Upstate.
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]