Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
JK37 wrote:What about Howard?
Ahhh I hope not. I get the area of the school is great (D.C.) but I don’t see how they’ll help make the conference more prominent. I could be wrong though.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:When tournaments start, playing field/court should be level.

"They earned it" is the term I hate most in sports, when pertaining to hosting a tournament.

Only thing any team earns is the right to play in the tournament.
You’ve already stated you know little to nothing about how the Administrative and Financial side of athletics work.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:When tournaments start, playing field/court should be level.

"They earned it" is the term I hate most in sports, when pertaining to hosting a tournament.

Only thing any team earns is the right to play in the tournament.
It gives the regular season even smaller meaning.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
But even the NBA gives some meaning to the post season by allowing the better teams to have home court advantage. If they went with neutral court throughout the playoffs then you would see an even more meaningless regular season.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:But even the NBA gives some meaning to the post season by allowing the better teams to have home court advantage. If they went with neutral court throughout the playoffs then you would see an even more meaningless regular season.

Everyone understands that except ballcoach.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I am against anything that diminishes the regular season. I know I am in the minority, but I would rather have many FEWER teams in “March Madness,” but have them play multiple games against one another. I know that no one agrees, but the current set up for “March Madness” is dumb.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I don't like teams playing multiple times. Heck, I don't like playing a team twice in regular season. I recall in high school a couple years ago, 2 teams played each other 6 or 8 times in same season.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't like teams playing multiple times. Heck, I don't like playing a team twice in regular season
Which sport Coach?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Getting back to Liberty joining ASUN.

As I was driving back from Columbia, SC last night, I was thinking that all ASUN road trips will be longer than trip to Columbia.

On a more positive side, LU attendance in Columbia was good, better than for the BSC tournament in Radford.
I would guess it's Alumni and/or LU fans in South Carolina/North Carolina, maybe even Georgia.

I predict that LU will have more fans for road games in ASUN, than for BSC road games in the past.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think you're right about that. As many have already said, the cities in which these schools are located are in alumni hot spots.
By Ewglenn
What about Monmouth? Also, are all of the conference tournaments hosted by schools or are there any neutral site tournaments?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Ewglenn wrote:What about Monmouth? Also, are all of the conference tournaments hosted by schools or are there any neutral site tournaments?
I think Monmouth is pretty happy being in the MAAC for all other sports and the BSC for football, but an all-sports invite from the CAA might be attractive to them.

As has been posted earlier, the ASUN held their indoor T&F championships at Liberty this year, which at the time was a neutral site, their general policy is to go with tournament games at the venue of the higher seed.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Mileage to ASUN Cities/schools from Lynchburg:

NJIT 445
Kennesaw St. 457
Nashville 494
Jacksonville 563
North Alabama 598
Deland 672
FGCU 941
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Mileage to ASUN Cities/schools from Lynchburg:

NJIT 445
Kennesaw St. 457
Nashville 494
Jacksonville 563
North Alabama 598
Deland 672
FGCU 941
The shortest trips in the ASUN are almost an hour longer than Charleston, which was the longest in BSC at 398 miles.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Mileage to ASUN Cities/schools from Lynchburg:

NJIT 445
Kennesaw St. 457
Nashville 494
Jacksonville 563
North Alabama 598
Deland 672
FGCU 941
The shortest trips in the ASUN are almost an hour longer than Charleston, which was the longest in BSC at 398 miles.
I really just don't think this matters... No one traveled to games anyways and I think the ones who would - will make the trip no matter how far. And, we have a BIG alumni and online base that live in each of these markets. Sorry BallCoach - I know you do, but you are one of a few and my guess - you still will travel.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jimflamesfan wrote:Will LU be eligible for conference championships postseason ASUN tournaments/autobids next year, or will we have to wait a year?
We have full membership beginning July 1. Eligible for everything.
By cruzan_flame13
JK37 wrote:#ExpandTheBrand
I see a new way to promote the brand; print shirts with that hashtag. Make it a trend for the students and hopefully it would spread to the alumnus.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]