Reasons why this would actually be a really good move for us:
1) Destination cities people want to visit and places we already have large alumni bases. We're swapping out Clinton, SC; Buies Creek, NC; and Farmville, VA for Atlanta, Nashville, and multiple trips to Florida.
2) In baseball the conference RPI is 7. Big South is 22. 7 of 8 teams are inside the top 200. 6 in the top 150.
3) Basketball is 6 spots behind the Big South but with us coming in it should go higher. Also has a better program (FGCU) than any team in the Big South.
4) WBB had 2 top 100 RPI teams this year and Stetson is traditionally in that mix although they were down this year. WBB RPI was 23. BS is 27. But take us out and that drops. Add us to ASun it goes up. So there’s another plus.
5) It helps MBB recruiting because now you go to Florida multiple times per year. Thats a state that has tons of private Christian schools with good programs. You tell those kids and their parents they can play in front of family for half the conference schedule and that’s big.
6) For softball, 4 of the 7 teams in the league won 30+ this year.
7) We essentially replace USCU and are better across the board than they are. That's an instant RPI boost to a league that is already rated better than the Big South in most sports.