Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I see that Alabama has a full slate of sports scheduled for Saturday:

Spring football game
Baseball vs. Auburn
Softball vs Tennessee

Liberty needs to look at scheduling like this in the future, and get a big crowd on campus. Might would taken some cooperation by BSC
We recently hosted softball and baseball games against ACC opponents on the same evening (and won both). No cooperation from the BSC necessary, nor would it have been if the Spring football game had been the same day. Even though I will readily acknowledge that SEC softball is at the highest level you get in college, if you think there were a whole bunch of people at the football scrimmage who came because there was a softball game the same day, you are delusional. Maybe a few diehard softball fans like you who came to see softball and decided to take in the Spring game while they were therebut it means nothing, because the Tide always draw a huge crowd for the Spring game anyway.. 99.9% of the football fans couldn't care less about softball.
We did host 2 ACC teams on same day, but it was on a Wednesday, which isn't a good day to host .

There will be huge crowds in Tuscaloosa for both football and softball. Not sure about baseball. Softball games are sold out, except for the berms beyond outfield fence. I expect those to sell out also.
ballcoach15 wrote:We did host 2 ACC teams on same day, but it was on a Wednesday, which isn't a good day to host .

There will be huge crowds in Tuscaloosa for both football and softball. Not sure about baseball. Softball games are sold out, except for the berms beyond outfield fence. I expect those to sell out also.

I really don't think having all 3 on the same day would increase the total draw that much, even at Bama, and fefinately not at Liberty, where the Spring football game has never been a big deal. The Bama Spring game is always HUGE, so they have a bunch of people on campus, and the baseball and softball games may get a bit of a boost, but all but a small fraction will come for the football and leave.

You seem to have forgotten that weekends are reserved for conference games in baseball and softball.
Last edited by olldflame on April 20th, 2018, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I doubt if we have ever had as many as 3000 at a Spring football game. If and when that number gets to 15,000 or so, we can start talking about doing something like this and getting a boost in the softball/baseball attendance. Keep in mind though, that on a Saturday in March or April those would be BSC games.
Yes I had thought about the BSC games. No BSC school would be a big draw (in any sport).

But overall our softball attendance has been "bad" this season. Weather hasn't been ideal for any game.
olldflame wrote:I doubt if we have ever had as many as 3000 at a Spring football game. If and when that number gets to 15,000 or so, we can start talking about doing something like this and getting a boost in the softball/baseball attendance. Keep in mind though, that on a Saturday in March or April those would be BSC games.
Coastal did the opposite this year. They had an afternoon baseball game and then did their spring game that evening hoping people would stick around.
ballcoach15 wrote:Word out of Tennessee is they had 65,000 at spring game, and the coach was mad there wasn't 102,000 there. As sorry as Tennessee is, he should have been thankful anyone showed up.
I don't know what he said, but being critical of the fan base before you coach your first game doesn't sound too smart to me.
alabama24 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Complaining about the fans

Silencing assistant coaches

Restricting access to players

All three are in the Saban playbook.
Which of those are bad? :lol:
Saban
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:Can’t hate on the guy. He’s a brother from WV.
Probably a secret Thundering Turd fan
Thundering Turd is such a fantastic mental image. I imagine a brown field with a poo emoji mascot. I imagine chants of "BULL@#$%" directed towards referees. The stadium is the Kohler Toilet Bowl. School colors are brown and yellow so fans wearing yellow in the crowd look like corn kernels. All-American running back? "He's got the runs!"
alabama24 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Complaining about the fans

Silencing assistant coaches

Restricting access to players

All three are in the Saban playbook.
Which of those are bad? :lol:
When you have a culture of winning, none of them are inherently bad.

When you're coming off a control freak coach who was a jerk to everyone and you're trying to build excitement for a new coach, all of them are.

If he wins, it'll be fine.

If he doesn't, those things will be extra heat thrown on the flames from an already volatile fan base.
Jonathan Carone wrote:
When you have a culture of winning, none of them are inherently bad.
SABAN is the GOAT. Some of his disciples get "it," some don't. I hope the best for him... A strong Tennessee makes a better SEC. Just not too much success. :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]