Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
The Flames won the team competition handily this weekend in the 'Burg, shooting -11 over three rounds to win by 4 over Virginia Tech. The Flames actually field three teams - team A won the tournament, team B took 4th, and team C finished in 12th place. Liberty also won the individual competition, with Zach Biscardi taking a one shot victory.

Zachary Biscardi Junior -5 1st
Peter Curran Freshman -1 t4
Tyler Dixon Sophomore +28 50
Jeremy Miekley Graduate +6 t22
Jesse Miller Sophomore +7 t26
Taylor Nicol Sophomore +10 35
Ryan Shumate Junior +1 t7
Trevor Staub Freshman +5 t18
Hunter Thomas Junior +2 t10
Christian Wilborn Sophomore +3 t13

Liberty fielded the only women's team in the field. Individual results for them:
Heather Wyatt Graduate +13 1st
Courtney Cooper Senior +25 2
Hannah Trotz Junior +31 3
Savanna Fox Sophomore +33 4

The win qualifies the team for this year's National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships in North Augusta, SC, which takes place April 11-14. Also qualifying for nationals at the tournament were Virginia Tech (2nd) and East Carolina (5th, but they got the nod over Clemson who already qualified, and Liberty's B team).

Cider might be interested to know that Marshall has just formed a disc golf team (I know the guy who helped get it started). They made the trek to Lynchburg over the weekend and finished in 10th, beating Clemson's B team, Liberty's C team, and Emory and Henry.
If anyone here has the access -- Club Sports is missing out by not having disc golf coverage recorded and posted on YouTube. Tournament coverage gets a lot of hits on YouTube - even collegiate tournaments or local amateur events get a lot of views. All you really need is a couple of people with shoulder cameras following one or two cards on the course.
phoenix wrote:
Cider might be interested to know that Marshall has just formed a disc golf team (I know the guy who helped get it started). They made the trek to Lynchburg over the weekend and finished in 10th, beating Clemson's B team, Liberty's C team, and Emory and Henry.
Happy for LU and the Herd. I didn't know Marshall had a team, so thanks for sharing! I sure wish MU had a Quiz Bowl team. Study
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]