Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

ATrain wrote:So since we are now considered an "associate member," does this mean we are no longer allowed to compete for the Sasser Cup and the Men's and Women's All Sports awards?
Gonna be awkward handing it to 2nd place in everything.

Liberty could probably still earn it even without football.
I wish Quiz Bowl counted in the Sasser Cup: it's the "varsity sport of the mind." Study
ATrain wrote:So since we are now considered an "associate member," does this mean we are no longer allowed to compete for the Sasser Cup and the Men's and Women's All Sports awards?
I can't see why our status would be any different than any of the other BSC programs that do not compete for the football championship.
Class of 20Something wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:So what Big South FB team should we pull for now? :football
I don't hate KSU.
I'll be rooting hard for the Owls. Have several family who went there. The Head coach is a former GT guy and my former boss is the DFO. That program is going places.
Damien Sordelett wrote:The Big South’s approval allows Liberty to keep 17 of its athletic programs in the Big South. As an associate member, Liberty’s programs will be eligible for team and individual conference championships as well as represent the Big South as the league’s automatic qualifier in NCAA championships.

Field hockey and swimming are members of the Big East Conference and Coastal Collegiate Sports Association, respectively.
http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/liber ... ef125.html
What BSC football team to pull for ? That's a tough question. Until I have time to think it over, I will go with Charleston Southern. But Gardner Webb may replace them. I do not like KSU because e their coach came from Georgia Tech and I despise the Yellow Jackets and their coach, along with their "high school" offense that KSU runs.
ballcoach15 wrote:What BSC football team to pull for ? That's a tough question. Until I have time to think it over, I will go with Charleston Southern. But Gardner Webb may replace them. I do not like KSU because e their coach came from Georgia Tech and I despise the Yellow Jackets and their coach, along with their "high school" offense that KSU runs.
Navy seems to have done pretty well running it. And more High aschools run spread attacks now than triple option. So wouldn't that make a spread offfense a High School offense?
As a fan I actually enjoy watching The Option. It's something different and unique now a days.
Hmmm. I never imagined Ballcoach as a chuck the pigskin type guy.

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]