Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Class of 20Something wrote:Classic football philosophy is to establish the run to open up the pass. It's hard to break that ancient habit apparently.

The issue is we need to keep up with the chains. 3.3 yards per down keeps drives alive. Playing from behind the chains turns into bad play calling.
Agree, but it can also work just as effectively the other way around. The most important thing is to realize when you can't execute one or the other, based on what the defense is giving you. Some coaches obviously haven't figured that out yet.
I enjoy a majority passing approach, but if running is deterred because of a weak OL, then passing will be deterred as well. I still think that's the lesson learned from JSU. If the OL can only produce a hypothetical 1 YPC, nothing will work (and it didn't).
Boy the crowd calling for jr to shut up sure has been taken a lot of l's since last november. Trump wins, we get approved for indy, beat baylor, big south keeps us in. Man. I thought all of that was impossible by all the posts around here haha. Its kind of funny to sit back and watch.
jinxy wrote:Boy the crowd calling for jr to shut up sure has been taken a lot of l's since last november. Trump wins, we get approved for indy, beat baylor, big south keeps us in. Man. I thought all of that was impossible by all the posts around here haha. Its kind of funny to sit back and watch.
Yeah. You seem like someone who'd rather sit in the stands than get involved
Purple Haize wrote:
jinxy wrote:Boy the crowd calling for jr to shut up sure has been taken a lot of l's since last november. Trump wins, we get approved for indy, beat baylor, big south keeps us in. Man. I thought all of that was impossible by all the posts around here haha. Its kind of funny to sit back and watch.
Yeah. You seem like someone who'd rather sit in the stands than get involved
:shock:

That man had a family.
Yep 8)
I am not quite following how any of those things are related to wanting Jerry to keep quiet and be classy.

Seems like an odd way to brag about being right.

I'm glad things are going better than predicted. I want my school to succeed which is why I want the leader of the school I hold my degree from to carry himself with class and dignity and not resort to name calling.
I am not arguing if what he said was true or not. There really is no way of knowing but as a leader of the largest Christian university you need to have some restraint

But I gusss this is what I get when I remove myself too far from the bubble.

Carry on and continue to crap on my school. It's cool.
I'm not sure that the only reason someone should conduct themselves with class and honor is because of what they'll gain. I think the idea behind it is that it's just the right thing to do, regardless of the outcome.

Just because you can get away with something, doesn't make it right. At least thats what I teach my kids.
So everyone else is allowed to say and do everything toward us and its ok and jr isnt even allowed to express his personal opinion which appears to be very true. Got it. If doc and jr ran the school and trbc the way several of you would like it would never be near what it is today. Neither was perfect but both were and are strong leaders that were right far more than wrong. We just saw what happens when you remain silent the last 8 years as conservatives did for the most part. The only real issue i have had with jr was defending trumps christianity. To me you stick with he was the best option and were not electing a sunday school teaher argument.

But thats just my opinion.
jinxy wrote:So everyone else is allowed to say and do everything toward us and its ok and jr isnt even allowed to express his personal opinion which appears to be very true. Got it. If doc and jr ran the school and trbc the way several of you would like it would never be near what it is today. Neither was perfect but both were and are strong leaders that were right far more than wrong. We just saw what happens when you remain silent the last 8 years as conservatives did for the most part. The only real issue i have had with jr was defending trumps christianity. To me you stick with he was the best option and were not electing a sunday school teaher argument.

Is it the goal to get what you want or to have a positive impact? I would argue that there are more ways to have a positive impact than just by throwing stones the other way. I'm in a position that could become very hostile; should I resort to calling those who disagree with me or even hate Christianity bigots? They are, but is that the way to make positive inroads with them? This is a rhetorical question and doesn't need a response.
jinxy wrote:So everyone else is allowed to say and do everything toward us and its ok and jr isnt even allowed to express his personal opinion which appears to be very true. Got it. If doc and jr ran the school and trbc the way several of you would like it would never be near what it is today. Neither was perfect but both were and are strong leaders that were right far more than wrong. We just saw what happens when you remain silent the last 8 years as conservatives did for the most part. The only real issue i have had with jr was defending trumps christianity. To me you stick with he was the best option and were not electing a sunday school teaher argument.

This is a great example of the conundrum. JR and Trump are not Evangelical leaders. But people treat them as such.

So are we to keep our faith and all we are taught enclosed in church on Sunday? Doc was a great man but he didn't always react the right way. Neither do I. We can't be so prideful to think that way. Docs most infamous remarks about 9/11 And blaming the homosexuals were followed a day or two later with an apology that of course never gets the attention the initial remarks.

"“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you"

Jesus always seemed to say things much better than I. And that my friends is the ultimate Jesus juke but truth is truth.

We will be criticized for our faith. It is what It is. I don't like it but it is to be expected.
thepostman wrote:

So are we to keep our faith and all we are taught enclosed in church on Sunday? Doc was a great man but he didn't always react the right way. Neither do I. We can't be so prideful to think that way. Docs most infamous remarks about 9/11 And blaming the homosexuals were followed a day or two later with an apology that of course never gets the attention the initial remarks.

"“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you"

Jesus always seemed to say things much better than I. And that my friends is the ultimate Jesus juke but truth is truth.

We will be criticized for our faith. It is what It is. I don't like it but it is to be expected.
This x1000.

Following Jesus doesn't always get us the Earthly reward we want.

You typically don't win people over to your side with insults.

And for what it's worth, the "truth" can be insulting. If you are pointing out the worst part about someone for everyone to see and labeling them as such, it doesn't mean it's not an insult.

It's like calling someone "fat" or "stupid." I mean, it may be the truth in some cases, but is he representing grace when he decides to label people publicly like that?
JK37 wrote:Jerry Jr. IS an evangelical leader.

If we're going to use a broad term like "leader", then the CEO of the largest evangelical university in the world MUST be considered an evangelical leader.
And therein lies the problem. An Evangelical leader with none of the qualifications. He is a lawyer. Nasser, Towns, literally tons of the staff at Liberty that have studied and subsequently teach from the Word, Jonathan, Johnnie Moore, are all more qualified. Why does Liberty delegate "Spiritual Development" internally, but Jr is that voice externally? We need a spokesperson that is rooted in the Word and motivated in Public Relations.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]