Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

lynchburgwildcats wrote:Either he took a significant paycut or LC is finally going to open up the bank account for a tennis coach. For everyone involved, hopefully, it's a case of LC finally deciding to start caring about tennis instead of treating it like an intramural sport.
Haha, well he did offer me the GA position :P (and yes, we were kidding about that).
ATrain wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Either he took a significant paycut or LC is finally going to open up the bank account for a tennis coach. For everyone involved, hopefully, it's a case of LC finally deciding to start caring about tennis instead of treating it like an intramural sport.
Haha, well he did offer me the GA position :P (and yes, we were kidding about that).
Does a GA position even exist for Tennis, or was that the joke? I don't recall them even having as much as a volunteer assistant in my years there. But I was last there in spring of 2010.
LC is really showing some financial commitment to their athletics department over the past few years. Maybe they are seeing how investing is athletics is paying off for LU.
R i wrote:LC is really showing some financial commitment to their athletics department over the past few years. Maybe they are seeing how investing is athletics is paying off for LU.
The leadership within the business office very much disliked the previous AD, they love the current AD. Some of the stuff the current AD has gotten done, the previous AD was never able to get it done because of the poor relationship. I hear the relationship is starting to sour though so will be interesting to see how that works out going forward.

The department will forever be handicapped some until they get a new athletic center/gym. At the rate the other schools in the conference are building, won't be long until they have the second worst athletic center/gym. What they had was already far beyond subpar, but it's just embarrassingly bad compared to what has popped up the past year. Nothing will ever be as bad as what Randolph has so at least they have that going for them.
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
R i wrote:LC is really showing some financial commitment to their athletics department over the past few years. Maybe they are seeing how investing is athletics is paying off for LU.
The leadership within the business office very much disliked the previous AD, they love the current AD. Some of the stuff the current AD has gotten done, the previous AD was never able to get it done because of the poor relationship. I hear the relationship is starting to sour though so will be interesting to see how that works out going forward.

The department will forever be handicapped some until they get a new athletic center/gym. At the rate the other schools in the conference are building, won't be long until they have the second worst athletic center/gym. What they had was already far beyond subpar, but it's just embarrassingly bad compared to what has popped up the past year. Nothing will ever be as bad as what Randolph has so at least they have that going for them.
Ferrum recently announced they were joining the conference. Any idea how their facilities compare with LC's?
ATrain wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:

Ferrum recently announced they were joining the conference. Any idea how their facilities compare with LC's?
Basketball/volleyball is about the same, maybe slightly worse. It's been a long while since I've been to their gym.

They have football so their main outdoor facility is better. It's old but went under massive renovations just this past year. It has a nice press box and brand new turf.

Baseball facility will very likely be the best in the league, Billy Wagner graduated from there and donated all the money for their facility, at least that's what one of their coaches told me many years ago shortly after they opened it.

It would be nearly impossible for their tennis facility to not be superior to what LC has. I know LC resurfaced the courts within the past 2-3 years, which was badly needed, but that facility is a dump.

I'm not familiar with any of their other facilities, but overall I'd say Ferrum is in the bottom half of the league for facility quality.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]