Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUAlum1215
So I'm in Nashville with the wife for a few days this week visiting friends and went check out a semipro soccer game at Vanderbuilt's soccer stadium. While we're here I couldn't help but look at the Vandy facilities (the ones I could see) in comparison to LU's.

Soccer- our field is nicer but stands at Vandy are far more plentiful. Goal line to goal line with really nice bleachers with a nice press box. Permanent team benches. Solid led scoreboard. Also quite a bit more signage representing Vandy.

Baseball- from the outside looking in we're a step behind. It's a beautiful park. Turf looks pristine and the outfield seating is pretty legit. Obviously our stadium is incredible there is still room to grow should the demand be there.

Football- obviously much bigger but looks old. Turf looks fantastic. With the drawings previously posted that show glimpses of a potential tower on the student side of Williams Stadium I firmly believe we will have a better stadium than this SEC school. The practice field is insane. Turf is completely marked as the game field and also has two permanent viewing towers. But we have the indoor facility so they can have the painted turf.

As far as the basketball arena, it looks like every other brick square in the neighborhood. Very limited signage if any. In fact outside of signs at parking lots it's pretty hard to tell where campus starts and ends. Some roads do have the Vandy logo painted down the middle of the lanes but not all.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to stir a pot just thought I'd post my .02 on the facilities should anyone want something different to read.
By LUAlum1215
Just walked passed the tennis facility. 10 very nice outdoor courts but also an indoor facility that is about ten times the size of the Cook Tennis Center. The building not withstanding I'd call it a toss between the two schools.
By cruzan_flame13
It's interesting that you mention the soccer field. I thought the stands of Osborne stadium was going to expand and that the team was going to have permanent seating? I thought it would make since other activities plus sports use Osborne stadium, but that could be an option later down the timeline. I could see a little addition to the facilities when the soccer and tennis programs develop more than what they are right now.
By LUAlum1215
They would have to do some pretty serious work to expand the seats at Osborne due to the brick enclosure they are in. The biggest area that LU could and should improve in is the branding and signage. As I think about it now I can't recall seeing any LU logo anywhere in the facility whereas every flat surface in sight had the Vandy star or some type of branding on it from the logo to school name to their slogan.

In the effort of full disclosure I can't recall ever watching a full soccer game at Liberty. Soccer just isn't my sport. But from a marketing or promotion standpoint it stands to reason you'd want your logo everywhere.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]