Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We sweep all the BSC multi-sports awards for the second year in a row.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 05&TeamID=

Could this be our penultimate Sasser cup? There is certainly no reason to believe with Coastal no longer around to make things interesting that the domination would not continue if we remain in the conference (although it does look like Campbell is stepping up their game a bit). The vote will likely be today.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I wondered if this would help us or hurt us with the other BSC college presidents. :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I wondered if this would help us or hurt us with the other BSC college presidents. :dontgetit
I would say if you buy into the reasoning Lang and WinthropEagleFan expressed in another thread, it hurts us. They may see this as an opportunity to start fresh competing on a more level playing field. My worry is, if the BSC execs think that way, why would the A-Sun suits feel any different? As a group, those athletic programs appear to be somewhat better funded, but we are still on a different level where that is concerned.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In case anyone cares, our final year in the BSC resulted in our 14th Sasser Cup. We won overall over Campbell, even though we finished behind the Camels in men´s sports and were edged out by High Point in women´s. Radford was 4th overall. Presby finished last by a pretty wide margin. It will take more than going non-scholarship in football for them to move up, but maybe they will use some of the money they free up to upgrade their other sports.

Of the 33 Sasser Cups since the award started, 28 have been won by teams no longer in the conference. 14 for LU, 11 for Coastal and 3 for UNC-Greensboro.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yes, 14 Sasser Cups and 11 Quiz Bowl championship trophies for LU.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]