Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

The timing is funny as I was just messaging Juice the day before down here in Houston. Great to see my old classmate Richard Shelton getting some well deserved appreciation. Sammy was the no brainer of all no brainers.
I was hoping to see Coach Hout get in. He coached almost every football player who is in the LU HOF. He recruited and/or coached the most productive NFL players that LU has ever produced, including 2 All Pro athletes, Eric Green (first round draft pick)l and Wayne Haddix.
It is undeniable that he brought the best players to the mountain that we have ever had. In addition, he guided out progam from D2 to D1 and also coached the team to our first ever 1A win, over Eastern Michigan.
Hopefully he will get in very soon, his health is not the best.
Congratulations to all of the deserving athletes who were selected this year.
flameshaw wrote:I was hoping to see Coach Hout get in. He coached almost every football player who is in the LU HOF. He recruited and/or coached the most productive NFL players that LU has ever produced, including 2 All Pro athletes, Eric Green (first round draft pick)l and Wayne Haddix.
It is undeniable that he brought the best players to the mountain that we have ever had. In addition, he guided out progam from D2 to D1 and also coached the team to our first ever 1A win, over Eastern Michigan.
Hopefully he will get in very soon, his health is not the best.
Congratulations to all of the deserving athletes who were selected this year.
Agreed
Wow, for some reason I thought Aluma was already in the HOF. How has he not been added?

Josh McDougal and Larry Blair aren't that far removed from their time on the mountain but it is still surprising that they aren't there.

As far as Jeff Meyer is concerned I obviously wasn't around when he was but there just seems to be a lot drama surrounding him when it comes to Liberty. So that isn't that surprising.
flamehunter wrote:So who exactly decides who gets in? Are there nominations and a group votes on it? Is it a one man operation?
There is a selection committee, and may I say, whoever selected the selectors chose well.

Kevin Keys - Chairman
Mickey Guridy
Erin Hagen
Bob Good
Todd Wetmore
Dr. Bill Gribbon
Brenda Bonhiem
Linda Farver
Ed Gomes

A bunch of smart and dedicated people who span the entire history of Liberty athletics.
oldflame wrote:
flamehunter wrote:So who exactly decides who gets in? Are there nominations and a group votes on it? Is it a one man operation?
There is a selection committee, and may I say, whoever selected the selectors chose well.

Kevin Keys - Chairman
Mickey Guridy
Erin Hagen
Bob Good
Todd Wetmore
Dr. Bill Gribbon
Brenda Bonhiem
Linda Farver
Ed Gomes

A bunch of smart and dedicated people who span the entire history of Liberty athletics.
Can't complain about that group at all.
There is a nomination process I believe...I think there is a link to the form so Flames nation can submit someone for consideration. I believe all players whose careers ended in 2012 are eligible for the class of 2018 as first year entrants

Basketball

Jesse Sanders
John Brown
Tanner Hoyt
David Minaya

Women's Basketball
Danika Dale
Avery Warley

Men's Cross Country/Track and Field
Zac Edwards
David Ricksecker
Pedro Carela
Aaron Johnson
Will Reeves
Kolby Shepherd
Isaac Wendland
Riley White

Women's Cross Country/Track and Field
Lyndi Fielitz
Kristina Kanagy
Jennifer Klugh
Betel Yosef
Mia Aghaji
Melinda Bendik
Olivia Charnuski
Grace Esden
Alicia Guridy
Rachel Houseknecht
Alyssa Pegues
Melanie Sims
Kristen Story
Tami Tolsma
Marianne Wheeler

Football
Malcolm Boyd
Korrey Davis
Elliot Dutra
Ryan Ferguson
Kevin Fogg
Justin Gunn
Stan Herring
SirChauncey Holloway (my wife's favorite player name btw)
Patrick Kelly
Bryant Lewellyn
Aaron Lundy
Thomas Nelson
Greg Schuster
DJ Sellman
Brent Vinson
Demetrius Ward
Jay Weatherington

Field Hockey
Ann Jefferis

Golf
Jordan Frye
Robert Karlsson

Lacrosse
Hillary Baker
Kristin Crowley
Cammille Little
Chloe McIntosh

Men's Soccer
Rafael Amaya
Uriah Bentick
Zack Clark
Travis Joseph
Richard Nyarko
Greg White

Women's Soccer
Heather Bentley
Karen Blocker
Ariana Espinoza
Emily Hoy
Sarah Robinson
Madison Short
Lauren Stell

Softball
Meredith Crisante (Baisden)
Jenny Law
Kelly Strickland
Kaylee West
Bridgett Woods

Men's Tennis
Giancarlo Lemmi
Tristan Stayt
Mandeep Yadav

Women's Tennis
Carol Lobel

Volleyball
Loren Thomas

Now that is not to say that these players will all get serious consideration...just that we have a ton of athletes who are becoming eligible
Jesse Sanders is the one person on that list who might merit a first ballot selection. While he is WITHOUT A DOUBT a HOFer, I personally would prefer we first get caught up with some of the deserving players and coaches who have been passed by so far. Avery Wharley is also someone who had a GREAT career, but I don't see how you could put her in ahead of Megan Frazee.
Last edited by olldflame on June 8th, 2017, 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keep in mind that part of the selection process is seeing who can make it here for the ceremony. That might explain why the order seems odd at times Plus you want to sprinkle your higher profiles names over several years instea dof all at once.
oldflame wrote:Jesse Sanders is the one person on that list who might merit a first ballot selection. While he is WITHOUT A DOUBT a HOFer, I personally would prefer we first get caught up with some of the deserving players and coaches who have been passed by so far. Avery Wharley is also someone who had a GREAT career, but I don't see how you could put her in ahead of Megan Frazee.
Megan is definitely eligible. Im surprised she hasn't gotten in sooner.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]