Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
ballah09 wrote:If Liberty is willing to hire IM and be open to Briles like some on here then any coach is up for grabs. Fit or not.
I disagree with your implication about IM; I believe he very much fits culture. But agree to disagree on that. Next, there's no indication we are open to Briles. So, if that's all you've got, then fit still very much matters.
Totally agree on all counts/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
ballah09 wrote:If Liberty is willing to hire IM and be open to Briles like some on here then any coach is up for grabs. Fit or not.
I disagree with your implication about IM; I believe he very much fits culture. But agree to disagree on that. Next, there's no indication we are open to Briles. So, if that's all you've got, then fit still very much matters.
I dunno. I thought I made a pretty good case/justification for it :D
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Just to give a little insight into men's tennis, this season the top player turned professional and they have been hampered by injuries.

With that said, I get that everyone is frustrated with the lack of the giant trophy in the trophy case, probably no one more than Coach Johnson himself. However, the men's and women's tennis programs are light years ahead of where they were 10 years ago, and that is because of the foundation he laid to get us where we are overall and he played a big part in getting us the facilities we have today. The men had a tough year this year, but neither program is the doormat they were when he first took over and I am proud to have been a part of laying that foundation.

Finally, I am going to add this: he has played a major role in leading many players from foreign lands to know Jesus Christ as their savior, and Liberty could not have a more Godly man leading its men's tennis program. He was also very instrumental in setting the foundation for many of the major successes I've had since leaving Liberty.

Peace out!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Just to give a little insight into men's tennis, this season the top player turned professional and they have been hampered by injuries.

With that said, I get that everyone is frustrated with the lack of the giant trophy in the trophy case, probably no one more than Coach Johnson himself. However, the men's and women's tennis programs are light years ahead of where they were 10 years ago, and that is because of the foundation he laid to get us where we are overall and he played a big part in getting us the facilities we have today. The men had a tough year this year, but neither program is the doormat they were when he first took over and I am proud to have been a part of laying that foundation.

Finally, I am going to add this: he has played a major role in leading many players from foreign lands to know Jesus Christ as their savior, and Liberty could not have a more Godly man leading its men's tennis program. He was also very instrumental in setting the foundation for many of the major successes I've had since leaving Liberty.

Peace out!
I appreciate the input. Having a key player turn pro is not something that we have had to deal with much in Liberty athletics. Knowing about that and the injuries helps those of us who aren't as close to the tennis situation understand how a winless BSC season could happen. With nowhere to go but up,obviously things need to get better, and fairly quickly. I would not question for a minute the contributions Coach Johnson has made to both the program and the players who have come through it.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
This just in should certainly make coach Johnson's seat a bit cooler. Both men's and women's tennis teams were just recognized for excellence in their APR

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 71&TeamID=

The article doesn't specify it, but both have perfect APRs of 1000. Johnson only coaches the men now, but he recruited some of those ladies before our women's coach was hired.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:This just in should certainly make coach Johnson's seat a bit cooler. Both men's and women's tennis teams were just recognized for excellence in their APR

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 71&TeamID=

The article doesn't specify it, but both have perfect APRs of 1000. Johnson only coaches the men now, but he recruited some of those ladies before our women's coach was hired.
Yes, that he did. It was one of the things we worked on very early starting out. Our women's team almost lost a scholarship in our first full year until we found some obscure rule that compliance could use to shield us from the penalty. Saving that scholarship really helped the rebuilding process on the women's side. Both programs have advanced light years under Coach Johnson, and I am glad to see that Coaches Maren and Lemmi are continuing to build on the foundation that was laid on the women's side.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-ten ... 23908.html
You are nothing if not persistent, but I see no indication of McCaw establishing a pipeline to Waco for our coaching vacancies. In his 2 hires so far he has gone with a guy who had been HC at South Dakota St for 17 years in Women's soccer and hired from within in field hockey.
:flamingdevil :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]