Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

After two days:

The LU Championship Level team is tied for 15th with Iowa State and California - Santa Cruz. The First Flight team is 7th, and the Second Flight team is in 2nd, 5 shots behind Clemson.

Individual results:
Championship: Devin Schwartz leads LU golfers in 43rd place. Ryan Shumate is 57th, Hunter Thomas and Joshua White are tied for 72nd (out of 176 registered players).

First Flight: Zach Biscardi leads is the top scorer for Liberty at 14th place, Jon Younce is in 23rd, Christian Wilborn is 35th, and Jesse Miller is 49th out of 64 registered players.

Second Flight has not played an individual round yet. Jeremy Miekley, Nathan Stienbarger, Taylor Nicol, and Zach Ginsburg represent the Flames at this level.

http://www.pdga.com/ncdgc
https://www.ncdgc.com/
Team standings after three days:

Championship: Team is in 23rd place right now, with one round still to play (not counting the finals). First Flight is in 7th place. Second Flight finishes in 4th place this year, +17 for the tournament.

Individuals:
Championship: Hunter Thomas had a KILLER second round to leap into a tie for 9th place. That SHOULD put him in the finals (IIRC, top ten go to the finals, but I'm checking on that). Devin Schwartz is in 33rd, Ryan Shumate is in 69th, and Joshua White is back in 95th.

First Flight: Singles rounds are over for this group - standings from yesterday are final (I wasn't paying attention when I posted them, or I'd have mentioned this yesterday).

Second Flight: Jeremy Miekly is tied for 11th, Zach Ginsburg is tied for 14th, Taylor Nicol is 21st, and Nathan Stienbarger is 26th, They still have one round to post.

Had to go back and correct a few scores before I posted, because they were updating the PDGA page as I was typing this! Scoring is a bit odd for the team competition - it looks like they play 10 rounds for championship flight, but individual scores are also factored in when they tabulate the scores. From the PDGA site:
Each team consists of four teammates, all of which must complete two singles rounds in addition to four rounds of team doubles. Once all six rounds are complete, the scores from both the team doubles and the singles are all combined into one overall team score. When that is all said and done, the top 32 teams will advance to the finals tomorrow afternoon. The teams that did not make the cut will compete tomorrow as well for the “NIT” finals.
{edit to add} Looks like everything is posted for First Flight and Championship, and Liberty WILL be competing for the title in all three levels, though we're pretty far back.
Final results:
Champions Flight -- Liberty finished 14th, just three shots behind Virginia Tech but about 67 behind 2017 champion Ferris State. Hunter Thomas was the top Flame, finishing 16th at -6. Devin Swartz (sorry I've spelled your name wrong all week, Devin!) finished 33rd at -8 (but did not play in the finals, which is why his score is lower than Hunter's). Ryan Shumate finished 69th at -3, and Joshua White finished 95th at even par.

First Flight: Liberty finished tied with Oregon for 6th place, 16 behind Colorado State. Individual scores are as above. Eventual winner of this level was Ferris State at -40.

Second Flight: Liberty finishes 4th, 26 behind Ferris State. Clemson won this one at -29. Jeremy Miekley was 11th at +7, Taylor Nicol finished 17th at +11, Zach Ginsburg was 21st at +16, and Nathan Stienbarger was 31st at +28.

Looks like First and Second Flight will definitely be back, and I think that Championship has also qualified for next year's championships based on their performance this year.
[youtube]ZSW9QHgN-gA[/youtube]
This is Moody Woods. I haven't seen any of Liberty's play filmed yet, but I wanted to give you all an idea of the courses they're playing. This one is a LOT shorter than most, but pretty wooded.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]