Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
And you all laughed when I said LU's goal was to become Baylor. Art Briles isn't looking so far fetched now is he?
On a personal note I have a concern but that's neither here nor there
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
I did a news scan and this gentleman looks to be untouched by the scandal. He was the interim AD after Ian McCaw resigned and held that role until they brought in Mack Rhoades from Missouri, after which Patulski served the new AD as his deputy. Rhoades then hired the deputy AD at Houston, Jeremiah Dickey, as his deputy in January; the two of them worked together when Rhoades was Houston's VP of athletics.

The bottom line is that Patulski looks to have filled the void created by the turmoil at Baylor until the new AD brought his own people in, making him available for employment elsewhere. I'm somewhat fascinated by the two-way pipeline that seems to have developed between Liberty and Baylor; aside from the AD and deputy AD, our associate general counsel was formerly a Title IX investigator at Baylor. Meanwhile, the new head of Baylor's Title IX office is a graduate of Liberty's School of Law, and Liberty's previous Title IX director left to join her at Baylor. I imagine the relationship between Grant Teaff at Baylor and President Falwell has more than a little to do with this exchange program.

Playing them in September is going to be like a family reunion! ;)
Last edited by rmiller1959 on March 31st, 2017, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Nice rundown, rmiller1959. Then you factor in who stepped up to take the lead at UH when all these mucial chairs occurred and it is none other than former Coastal AD Hunter Yurachek. Athletics is indeed a very small world.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Thoughts and prayers to the women of Lynchburg.
These comments are ridiculous and need to stop. Painting people as Sexual Predators, just because they were at a college where a stupid athlete assaulted someone is wrong. So, just because I lived in Tampa growing up - are you assuming I live a life of crime? If someone in my company is found to do drugs and gets busted, was it my responsibility? To know that and be the Law? Baylor is huge and it has some great employees and from I can tell – we now have two of them.

Welcome aboard Mr. Patulski. Don't worry we all don't judge people and make up our minds from what the Media says... Just a few cats on here.
prototype wrote:
These comments are ridiculous and need to stop. Painting people as Sexual Predators, just because they were at a college where a stupid athlete assaulted someone is wrong. So, just because I lived in Tampa growing up - are you assuming I live a life of crime? If someone in my company is found to do drugs and gets busted, was it my responsibility? To know that and be the Law? Baylor is huge and it has some great employees and from I can tell – we now have two of them.

Welcome aboard Mr. Patulski. Don't worry we all don't judge people and make up our minds from what the Media says... Just a few cats on here.
:clapping
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Excellent post above Prototype.

Baylor has had one of the nation's best athletic programs in recent years. If LU reaches half the heights Baylor has reached , we will be in good shape.

Playing Radford and Longwood, etc will not take us to where we need to go. I saw a sign once that said:

"TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS YOU HAVE TO COME OUT FROM UNDER THE PORCH"
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:

He's a troll. Ignore this one.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
prototype wrote:

He's a troll. Ignore this one.
What does that even mean? Troll? Because I have an opinion and post it on a public forum?

He's a FlameThrower. Ignore this one.
--Does that work too? Just not up on the Forum lingo I guess...
ballcoach15 wrote:Excellent post above Prototype.

Baylor has had one of the nation's best athletic programs in recent years. If LU reaches half the heights Baylor has reached , we will be in good shape.

Playing Radford and Longwood, etc will not take us to where we need to go. I saw a sign once that said:

"TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS YOU HAVE TO COME OUT FROM UNDER THE PORCH"
Interesting that you mention that sign. I like the fact that LU is playing known and ranked schools in all the sports. Even if we lose, our name is being seen out of there. I just wish our student section and community was extremely supportive of the athletic program. It seem like both are mostly there for what LU can offer them (free stuff and financial resources/jobs) and not show gratitude. Maybe I'm wrong (I hope I am) but it sure looks that way. How are we suppose to be taken seriously if we're playing FBS now and hoping to step up in other sport programs. I know I don't want LU to stay in the Big South forever. This is where I hope McCaw and the crew can step up and expand and grow the booster's involvement with the community and campus life . I know we can put the college game day excitement on another level than what we have now.
Last edited by cruzan_flame13 on March 31st, 2017, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: What does that even mean? Troll? Because I have an opinion and post it on a public forum?

Sorry I was referring to lynchburgwildcats not you. He says things only to stir the pot. That's a troll.
prototype wrote:

Culture bro, he was part of the rape culture at Baylor. Doesn't mean he has to have committed any of the rape offenses to have been associated with it. Figured you folks would be smart enough to understand this. Just like with the new AD, he didn't commit any rapes but he sure as hell oversaw and enabled a rape culture to persist at Baylor.
prototype wrote:

Well, if you knew they were selling/buying drugs and the transactions were taking place on your property you would certainly have a responsibility.

I only have one concern with this hire but it has nothing to do with the dumpster fire in Waco
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
prototype wrote:

Culture bro, he was part of the rape culture at Baylor. Doesn't mean he has to have committed any of the rape offenses to have been associated with it. Figured you folks would be smart enough to understand this. Just like with the new AD, he didn't commit any rapes but he sure as hell oversaw and enabled a rape culture to persist at Baylor.
Rape Culture?? ;) Have you ever even stepped a foot on their campus before?? Do you know ONE person that goes there or went to school there? There's no Rape Culture there and it produces great kids... Oh wait - were your referring to Baylor or just NCAA athletes in general?...
Last edited by prototype on March 31st, 2017, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
prototype wrote: What does that even mean? Troll? Because I have an opinion and post it on a public forum?

Sorry I was referring to lynchburgwildcats not you. He says things only to stir the pot. That's a troll.
Sorry Flame. Cats got me fired up.
prototype wrote:
flamehunter wrote:

Sorry Flame. Cats got me fired up.
It's why you don't feed the Trolls
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
prototype wrote:

Well, if you knew they were selling/buying drugs and the transactions were taking place on your property you would certainly have a responsibility.

I only have one concern with this hire but it has nothing to do with the dumpster fire in Waco
I don't think Mickey is going anywhere.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
walksports wrote:To keep Purple Haize up-to-date ... :-)
Briles spoke at a football clinic in Birmingham on Friday ....

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017 ... les_1.html
I made a thread on this. PH will definitely point this out on his LU=BU position. In a way, could you blame him?
At this stage in my life, I'm used to being proven right :dramaqueen It's a burden I humbly bare.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]