Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
walksports wrote:To keep Purple Haize up-to-date ... :-)
Briles spoke at a football clinic in Birmingham on Friday ....

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017 ... les_1.html
I made a thread on this. PH will definitely point this out on his LU=BU position. In a way, could you blame him?
At this stage in my life, I'm used to being proven right :dramaqueen It's a burden I humbly bare.
Woah woah!! Wait a minute! I wouldn't go that far yet lol. Unless I see Gill being fired, there's a resignation, and then Briles' being hired...then you are proven right.
Purple Haize wrote:Embrace the inevitable
Is there any possible coaches who have a good résumé that'll fit with LU just in case Gill is let go?(not include Briles). I'm not hoping for this but I'm just wondering.
Sly Fox wrote:Yes, but it is not prudent to have this discussion IMHO.
It's a message board. It's a fair topic. Good grief. People have talked about coaching changes in other sports and with other FB coaches. It just so happens this one makes sense
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Embrace the inevitable
Is there any possible coaches who have a good résumé that'll fit with LU just in case Gill is let go?(not include Briles). I'm not hoping for this but I'm just wondering.
What about Brandon Streeter, the Clemson QB coach with ties to Liberty from his past? He fits the profile of an LU coach, and when he was our QB coach, we were at or near the top in points scored (led the nation in 2009 and exceeded that point average in 2010), passing efficiency and passing yards.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We had the discussion at the end of last year (I plead guilty to starting it). Now that we know that Gill has at least this year, I personally don't plan on getting involved in discussing potential replacements. A couple of bad losses this Fall could change that.
oldflame wrote:We had the discussion at the end of last year (I plead guilty to starting it). Now that we know that Gill has at least this year, I personally don't plan on getting involved in discussing potential replacements. A couple of bad losses this Fall could change that.
Personally, I hope Gill has a great year and is LU coach for Life
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
oldflame wrote:We had the discussion at the end of last year (I plead guilty to starting it). Now that we know that Gill has at least this year, I personally don't plan on getting involved in discussing potential replacements. A couple of bad losses this Fall could change that.
That makes at least 2 of us. BTW, I'm curious to know if I was on target a few posts up regarding the source of your concern over the Patulski hire.
Purple Haize wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Gill stay. I also want our football program to progress and become a successful program. So far Gill hasn't been that successful during his time here. I hope that things will turn around for him, but if we keep going down this road, I hope we find someone with a good football mind, great characteristics that represents the school well, and excellent results for the program that will help the other athletic programs gain top recruits. That being said, Ibelieve Gill is a great person and this reply is not to discredit his character.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
That makes at least 2 of us. BTW, I'm curious to know if I was on target a few posts up regarding the source of your concern over the Patulski hire.
I assumed the same. I'd hate to see Mickey be on the wrong end of a new ADs plan.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Alan York's latest interview with Ian was just posted on the AC site:

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm ... 53&TeamID=

In addressing the Patulski hire, we find that his positrion at LU will be CFO for Athletics, which as far as i know is a new position. He also mentions by name a certain Senior Associate AD and commends him for the "great work" he has done with the football schedule and the "success" he has had.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Alan York's latest interview with Ian was just posted on the AC site:

In addressing the Patulski hire, we find that his positrion at LU will be CFO for Athletics, which as far as i know is a new position. He also mentions by name a certain Senior Associate AD and commends him for the "great work" he has done with the football schedule and the "success" he has had.
Could be the 'Kiss of death'.
By willflop
oldflame wrote:Alan York's latest interview with Ian was just posted on the AC site:

Including bringing some p5 schools to Lynchburg, as part of the success.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I was able to meet and have a short discussion with McCaw and Patulski this weekend. They both seemed to be very nice men, humble and really/genuinely excited to be at LU. The background check that was done by LU on our new AD, was much more significant than talked about on this board. If something comes out of the continued investigation at BU that would be harmful to LU, I would be surprised.
I still have some very minor reservations about going to FBS as an independent, but hopefully it will work out well for us. I am sure we had some reservations about almost every step up we have taken in our past athletic history.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]