Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

As a former lacrosse player, I would like to see Liberty Men's Lacrosse transition up to NCAA in the near future. Since the teams return in 2011, the flames had transition from DII to DI in two years. They've had a pretty decent program so far and has had a wonderful percentage of winning home games at the East Fields. They're also playing against teams who are being looked at to transition to NCAA DI. Such teams are Florida State, Georgia State, Clemson and Virginia Tech. I really think this program can go places and should be considered in a few years from now.
Well, at the risk of bringing up old feelings of anger from Medic, we did drop wrestling a few years ago due to Title IX issues - until federal policy changes, I don't see a significant expansion of men's sports in the athletic department.
ATrain wrote:Well, at the risk of bringing up old feelings of anger from Medic, we did drop wrestling a few years ago due to Title IX issues - until federal policy changes, I don't see a significant expansion of men's sports in the athletic department.
And now with the added scholarships for FBS they would need to add even more Women's Schooarship Opportunities if they wanted to go that route. Which would make the Wrestling Alliance upset
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:Well, at the risk of bringing up old feelings of anger from Medic, we did drop wrestling a few years ago due to Title IX issues - until federal policy changes, I don't see a significant expansion of men's sports in the athletic department.
And now with the added scholarships for FBS they would need to add even more Women's Schooarship Opportunities if they wanted to go that route. Which would make the Wrestling Alliance upset
I also had that program in mind too. How about a women golf squad then who ever is worth to become NCAA first between wrestling (don't they have a lady on the team?) and lacrosse. I'm cool with which ever since there both been doing well. As long as it is up to par with Title IX of course.
I think they are having to add a Women's Sport to match the FBS jump. If they were to add LAX or Wrestling they'd have to add another one Numerically that's going to be tough
First question is, which women's sport are they adding?

We don't have women's golf, but for years the athletic department has been ready to push the button to add it, however additional Title IX regulations (specifically an interest amongst students wanting to play) has been an issue in the past. Are we finally ready to move forward and add it?
ATrain wrote:First question is, which women's sport are they adding?

We don't have women's golf, but for years the athletic department has been ready to push the button to add it, however additional Title IX regulations (specifically an interest amongst students wanting to play) has been an issue in the past. Are we finally ready to move forward and add it?
I thought you were going to focus on the phrasing of the thread title
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:First question is, which women's sport are they adding?

I thought you were going to focus on the phrasing of the thread title
Like you - just to easy
It's touch to add men's lacrosse at a D1 school, especially FBS, without either dropping men's sports or adding women's sports. Typical lacrosse roster for any team that is at least attempting to be competitive is going to be at least 45. You can always increase spending on the women's sports you already have, but it's going to throw off the male to female ratio and won't solve the inequity in scholarship opportunities for women compared to men.

This is the big reason why you see most D1 with football and men's lax having fewer men's sports than women. Many of the D1s even without football end up having to have more women's sports than men's since most campuses lean female heavy.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]