Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but who are the other guys on the stage? The guy in the middle looks like a former LU President.
Purple Haize wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:http://media2.liberty.edu/mediaplayer/976/message

Sounds like he was on a campus tour?
Who was on a campus tour with JR? I quit watching after they introduced JB. JB did 'love'working with the Co-Eds that's for sure

I've heard Jr and McCaw took Emmert on a tour of the campus. I'll just leave this portion of a N&A interview here. I think they're going to the top of the food chain and taking FBS Independent seriously.
News&Advance wrote:DS: Speaking of Notre Dame and BYU, some fans are getting tired of waiting for the move up to the FBS. The thought of becoming FBS independent has been brought up quite a bit. Is that viable for Liberty or would you prefer conference affiliation so the other sports are not affected?

IM: I’m glad to hear our fans are impatient because I’m a fairly impatient person if you ask my wife. That is not my gifting. If you look at FBS independent, there’s Notre Dame and there’s BYU, UMass has done that, and certainly the academies have done that in previous years. That’s an avenue that certainly is a possibility.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:http://media2.liberty.edu/mediaplayer/976/message

Sounds like he was on a campus tour?
Who was on a campus tour with JR? I quit watching after they introduced JB. JB did 'love'working with the Co-Eds that's for sure

I've heard Jr and McCaw took Emmert on a tour of the campus. I'll just leave this portion of a N&A interview here. I think they're going to the top of the food chain and taking FBS Independent seriously.
News&Advance wrote:DS: Speaking of Notre Dame and BYU, some fans are getting tired of waiting for the move up to the FBS. The thought of becoming FBS independent has been brought up quite a bit. Is that viable for Liberty or would you prefer conference affiliation so the other sports are not affected?

IM: I’m glad to hear our fans are impatient because I’m a fairly impatient person if you ask my wife. That is not my gifting. If you look at FBS independent, there’s Notre Dame and there’s BYU, UMass has done that, and certainly the academies have done that in previous years. That’s an avenue that certainly is a possibility.
Not sure saying to ask his wife about his patience is a good thing in light of everything surrounding him. But I'll let it go
As for the rest.....UMASS has done it because they got kicked out. BYU wants to get into a P5. Notre Dame football basically plays an ACC schedule. The service academies are a completely different animal.
Going FBS Independent is so incredibly stupid. Justifying it by saying LU fans or Administrators are impatient is even MORE stupid. You know who else is impatient? Little kids. Anyone watch Willy Wonka?
[youtube]Wzr12gBrXA8[/youtube]
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
It's just a matter of time before they force themselves into FBS independent. It's going to happen and You can say it's stupid as many times you want but the admin doesn't view it that way.

They know they'll never get an invite due to their policies and the baggage Jerry and some of the academic programs it brings. It's the only option if they want to keep running the school the way theyre currently running it now.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:It's just a matter of time before they force themselves into FBS independent. It's going to happen and You can say it's stupid as many times you want but the admin doesn't view it that way.

They know they'll never get an invite due to their policies and the baggage Jerry and some of the academic programs it brings. It's the only option if they want to keep running the school the way theyre currently running it now.
Why? They can keep running the school the way they are now regardless of them being FBS or FCS
It is stupid whether they do it or not. I don't put it past the Admin to make a monumentally stupid move like that
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I beg to differ. But I think we have both laid out our arguments plenty in the past.
And my arguments are superior :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Image
But that was before the theory of relativity where he changed it all around!
Study
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I want to see us go to FBS as much as anyone. However, going as an independent doesn't seem like a smart way to get there. No conference championship to win, no bowl games, etc.
That is what CCU is getting ready to find out. They going from being a pretty good FCS school, playoffs, championships, etc. to being the CSU of FBS, and they will be have the advantage of being in a conference.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:LU would be a better FBS school than some who are currently in FBS. There are some shady schools out there.
Yeah. LU hasn't done anything shady in say the last 6 months.....
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Scheduling shouldn't be a problem since NMSU and UMass are guaranteed to be on the schedule. Add in a couple money games with an FCS school. Then you have G5 schools looking to fill home games and you can sign home and home contracts there.

Bowl games is where there might be aN issue. Granted more bowl games will likely be added in the future but majority of them have tie ins already. I know too many bowl games already but anywhere they can look to add money. So Not impossible to get bowl bids going 7-5 or 6-6 independent.

Lastly the admin don't care about championships. They care about exposure even if that means Liberty getting embarrassed on ESPN
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Scheduling shouldn't be a problem since NMSU and UMass are guaranteed to be on the schedule. Add in a couple money games with an FCS school. Then you have G5 schools looking to fill home games and you can sign home and home contracts there.

Bowl games is where there might be aN issue. Granted more bowl games will likely be added in the future but majority of them have tie ins already. I know too many bowl games already but anywhere they can look to add money. So Not impossible to get bowl bids going 7-5 or 6-6 independent.

Lastly the admin don't care about championships. They care about exposure even if that means Liberty getting embarrassed on ESPN
Your thinking is completely opposite of current trends. It's expensive for NMSU to go anywhere let alone Lynchburg so I'm not sure they are a shoe in. Home and Homes aren't magically going to appear especially during the Conference schedules. Bowl Games are bleeding money and if the National Championship goes to 6 or 8 teams Bowls will become more irrelevant and start to fold
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
You might be right about NMSU but their president and alumni don't want to drop to FCS and both Liberty and NMSU will both need home games. You'd think they would make it happen. Also non conference. A lot of G5 schools want to play 6 home games but most of the time they're stuck with 5 because they have trouble getting teams coming to their respective places. I know it's not simple like that but it's there. In fact Liberty will probably be looking at 4-5 home games a year to 6-7 away games.

I don't see bowls starting to fold. To much revenue from advertisements and tv deals. In fact there is a new bowl in myrtle beach starting up. Lastly If they do expand the playoffs. That will even generate more revenue for bigger payouts to schools and conferences. Conferences or the NCAA won't let any off that go. Too much money
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]