Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:You might be right about NMSU but their president and alumni don't want to drop to FCS and both Liberty and NMSU will both need home games. You'd think they would make it happen. Also non conference. A lot of G5 schools want to play 6 home games but most of the time they're stuck with 5 because they have trouble getting teams coming to their respective places. I know it's not simple like that but it's there. In fact Liberty will probably be looking at 4-5 home games a year to 6-7 away games.

I don't see bowls starting to fold. To much revenue from advertisements and tv deals. In fact there is a new bowl in myrtle beach starting up. Lastly If they do expand the playoffs. That will even generate more revenue for bigger payouts to schools and conferences. Conferences or the NCAA won't let any off that go. Too much money
You continue to make a great case as to why going FBS Independent is a horrid idea. 4 home games a year ? Even 5 isn't a great way to generate interest in your program. Even if you got a Home and Home with NMSU that still leaves you a large mountain to climb. You also left out the fact that LU would have next to 0 television revenue from a Conference affiliation. You WERE spot on about exposure. That's all the Administrator is concerned about. And right now LU football will be exposed as not ready for prime time.
Now if only there was a coach out there who took a football program from the bottom to the top. Who had name recognition and who had a flashy style of offense that would attract people and interest. Man. If only there was a coach like that out there who was looking for a job and having difficulty finding one. I wonder if the new AD has connections to anyone like that. If they even exist.....
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
How bout you stop with the Briles talk PH...as bad as their PR is...i don't think even LU wants to or even should handle that moral dumpster fire at this point
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:How bout you stop with the Briles talk PH...as bad as their PR is...i don't think even LU wants to or even should handle that moral dumpster fire at this point
How about ........ no. It makes way to much sense. And if your only argument is 'bad PR' than you haven't been paying attention
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I'm not disagreeing with you ph. But the admin is not going to see it your way unfortunately. Like jr keeps rehashing. Athletics is a big key in Libertys current expansion and that includes FBS.

And bj if the admin cared about reputation then I would agree with you but again it would bring headlines and and exposure. Just what Jr likes. So You can't just say it's not possible.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you ph. But the admin is not going to see it your way unfortunately. Like jr keeps rehashing. Athletics is a big key in Libertys current expansion and that includes FBS.

And bj if the admin cared about reputation then I would agree with you but again it would bring headlines and and exposure. Just what Jr likes. So You can't just say it's not possible.
I will not be surprised one iota if LU sues for Independent status. I'm just pointing out, despite my good friends SLY view, how monumentally stupid it could be
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I highly doubt anyone will file a suit. Just the threat of it should be enough to create and exemption that would allow us to step up as an Indy if we so choose. Emmert has now seen first hand how there is no reason aside from politics that we have not found an FBS home.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I highly doubt anyone will file a suit. Just the threat of it should be enough to create and exemption that would allow us to step up as an Indy if we so choose. Emmert has now seen first hand how there is no reason aside from politics that we have not found an FBS home.
Put all Conference realignment is about Politics and Money. Look at your State of Residence
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:Politics and money both looking pretty good right now. Emmert said he didn't see a P5 breakaway coming. That makes independent look even better to me.
Does your Obamacare have a vision plan? 8) 8)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:I highly doubt anyone will file a suit. Just the threat of it should be enough to create and exemption that would allow us to step up as an Indy if we so choose. Emmert has now seen first hand how there is no reason aside from politics that we have not found an FBS home.
Put all Conference realignment is about Politics and Money. Look at your State of Residence
He's drunk on the orange Kool Aid and can only look at Texas with rose colored glasses. You may as well ask h-e-l-l to freeze over and for the devil offers free sleigh rides.
Purple Haize wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:Politics and money both looking pretty good right now. Emmert said he didn't see a P5 breakaway coming. That makes independent look even better to me.
Does your Obamacare have a vision plan? 8) 8)
Emmert can't say anything contrary to that. It would be a magic bullet to the NCAA if he did. Even if he thinks it's around the corner, he won't give it the teeth of being a real threat.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
I hope I'm not posting "fake news" here, but I'm hearing that they've pushed back conditioning at the FOC today because of "a press conference for a big announcement", and one of my sources is exclaiming, "we're going FBS!" If this turns out to be a false alarm, I will gladly receive all the slings and arrows due me.
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:I hope I'm not posting "fake news" here, but I'm hearing that they've pushed back conditioning at the FOC today because of "a press conference for a big announcement", and one of my sources is exclaiming, "we're going FBS!" If this turns out to be a false alarm, I will gladly receive all the slings and arrows due me.
It's real - whew!

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]