Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Class of 20Something
So the Big South is revealing what most would speculate is a new logo. I think the issue is the Big South has a reputation and needs to rename itself. They should be revealing the new logo tomorrow. I'm surprised they're self aware enough to recognize there is a problem, even if they took a different course of action to correct the issue. Let's hope they can salvage their reputation before LU leaves.

Applicable Tweet
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm guessing a new PC logo (PC = post Coastal). :wink:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It has been quite awhile since the last logo upgrade. The hashtag is pretty lame. Hopefully the look is better.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:It has been quite awhile since the last logo upgrade. The hashtag is pretty lame. Hopefully the look is better.
I'm not holding my breath.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:What is this terrible hashtag?
#BigSouthMade
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Here's the new logo (with video). I've got to say, I don't hate it. Curious what SJ thinks about it.

http://bigsouthsports.com/
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'll defer to SJ as far as the particular strengths and weaknesses of the logo, but I'm not a big fan
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
And they paid people for that.

Awful.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:And they paid people for that.

Awful.
You've paid people for worse......
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:It is better than the old logo... but it is pretty awful.
I think it's worse.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Every time Kyle Kallander makes a decision, I become less and less sure that suing for independent status isn't the worst idea in the world.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ha. I can understand that! He is not very good at what he does! But I'm of the opposite opinion. I think no matter HOW bad KK (really hope his middle name isn't Kevin) is, being in the Big South is much better than suing for FBS Independent status. It's THAT bad of an idea
What the Big South needs is the juevos to get a new Commissioner. Personally I would like to see Proto do it. I think he'd be really good at it
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope the Big South did not pay much for design of new logo. If they paid over minimum wage (for one hour), they over paid. I am sure there are thousands of Middle School Art students around the nation who could have done a better job.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Ha. I can understand that! He is not very good at what he does! But I'm of the opposite opinion. I think no matter HOW bad KK (really hope his middle name isn't Kevin) is, being in the Big South is much better than suing for FBS Independent status. It's THAT bad of an idea
What the Big South needs is the juevos to get a new Commissioner. Personally I would like to see Proto do it. I think he'd be really good at it
Big South 25 sponsored by Arosto's?

Speaking of Arosto's, whatever happened to that place? That's one of my favorite pizza joints.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope the Big South did not pay much for design of new logo. If they paid over minimum wage (for one hour), they over paid. I am sure there are thousands of Middle School Art students around the nation who could have done a better job.
Or at least someone who can brag about their middle school artwork from 20 years ago.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Ha. I can understand that! He is not very good at what he does! But I'm of the opposite opinion. I think no matter HOW bad KK (really hope his middle name isn't Kevin) is, being in the Big South is much better than suing for FBS Independent status. It's THAT bad of an idea
Big South 25 sponsored by Arosto's?

Speaking of Arosto's, whatever happened to that place? That's one of my favorite pizza joints.
The logo is pretty bad and they probably overpaid some Charlotte agency to do it... Sad.

Arosto - Took to long to complete the shopping center in Forest. In the two years it took - we couldn't hold together partnership. We sold the Arosto brand to a company in Northern Virginia. We still own the right to build one in Bedford and might do it again one day. Right now, I'm just concentrating on growing my agency.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]