Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
My understanding is this wasn't the Liberty forced resignation. She wants to get into the business world and pursue some things there.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:My understanding is this wasn't the Liberty forced resignation. She wants to get into the business world and pursue some things there.
I hope this is true.

unlike other sports Liberty field hockey will be a highly sought-after job. Big East, Top 20 team with resources and facilities. Add in the recruiting class thats coming in mixed with the returning players, top 10 team next year. Should have no problem landing a top notch coach.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:My understanding is this wasn't the Liberty forced resignation. She wants to get into the business world and pursue some things there.
That was my understanding. Tough to retire being a Womens Field Hockey Coach. I can see her coming back to it
By Jonathan Carone
JK37 wrote:We get it, Wildcat. You don't like to work hard. Athletics ain't for everybody.
I like working hard but I'm glad I'm not in athletics anymore. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I am aware. Wildcat has made it clear his primary reason for workforce disdain is the long hours and lack of personal time.

In the athletics world, one is always "on". There is no "off" time. Even when away from the workplace, one is still "on" because they represent the Univeraity in a highly visible way. It's not for everyone. That's all I'm saying.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I am aware. Wildcat has made it clear his primary reason for workforce disdain is the long hours and lack of personal time.

In the athletics world, one is always "on". There is no "off" time. Even when away from the workplace, one is still "on" because they represent the Univeraity in a highly visible way. It's not for everyone. That's all I'm saying.

This is why you don't feed the Troll
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
JK37 wrote:We get it, Wildcat. You don't like to work hard. Athletics ain't for everybody.
I like working hard but I'm glad I'm not in athletics anymore. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
:exactly :exactly :exactly
By walksports
olldflame wrote: Ian McCaw will start earning his keep with this hire ...
So Baylor and Tulane didn't play field hockey, but Northeastern and Massachusetts - his two stops before Baylor - did.

Northeastern's coach was there before he arrived and just finished up her 31st and collected her 400th career win, but missed the tournament this year. The Associate HC currently is a former player and appears to be a HC-in-waiting.

Massachusetts' had an interim coach in 2016, a former player, but they just named a permanent HC. The interim was the HC at Indiana and took them to two tournaments, the last in 2009. UMass' coach, long removed from McCaw's time there, left after the 2015 season to go to Princeton.

Interestingly enough, as a sidenote, McCaw's bio is still on the Baylor website - http://www.baylorbears.com/genrel/ian_mccaw_760390.html
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It is...but I wouldn't consider it too heavily beyond that.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im certain...I think i am not considering it beyond that because its one sport that happens to be the one that wasn't at the last two stops for ADIM. If there was signs of resignations from female coaches and transfers from players across the women's sports, then I'd probably give it more detailed consideration.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Methinks you are right...
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
JK37 wrote:I am aware. Wildcat has made it clear his primary reason for workforce disdain is the long hours and lack of personal time.

JK37, if you're going to contradict yourself, at least take a bit longer than six hours to make yourself look like an idiot. :roll:

I like working hard, but I no longer find much joy in working 50-60+ hours a week nearly every week from September thru early May while often going weeks without a single day off. Burnout can be a real B****, known many SIDs and coaches leave their respective field over it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I never contradicted myself.

It ain't for everyone. It's clearly not for you. We get it.
Are you feeding the Troll?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I'm testing the theory that it is possible to troll a troll.
What's the adage about arguing with an idiot?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'm reminded of this quote:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" (Mark Twain).
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]