Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

So I'm trying attempting to decipher the last few pages of this thread. here's what I got so far:
-We actually got on a decent topic of how the Athletics department moves forward from this PR nightmare
-Cruzan flame(Resident Rum connoisseur?) Makes his welcome to the board post.
-Everyone proceeds the rookie/newbie hazing with barbs to gauge how this Cruzans skin is and to figure out whether he's a :flamingdevil or :koolaid.
-in Cruzans haste to dispel any rumors of allegiances he manages to incite the wrath of the boards grammar police.
- Jokes continue at BJ, PH, Cruz, and Postie's expenses
- Some people don't get those jokes
-Some people think this thread has gone down the rabbit hole
- A few Jesus Jukes where used in describing the hiring of our beloved(note sarcasm) AD and the thought process behind our Beloved(again read sarcasm) president in the hiring.
- Jokes about towers and erecting them( love you PH)
-More Jesus Jukes
-accusations of a ROCCOGROH reincarnation
-the rest I just can't really decipher. I mean I was a public school kid so I never claimed to be smart.
thepostman wrote:Wait, people were making jokes at my expense? I am hurt.

I hate you guys.
I think it was more of an oval of barbs (as pH would say) that had just a slight acidity. Sorry that was just a really bad pun. I reprimand myself for that one.
Last edited by flamesfilmguy on December 16th, 2016, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flamesfilmguy wrote:So I'm trying attempting to decipher the last few pages of this thread. here's what I got so far:
-We actually got on a decent topic of how the Athletics department moves forward from this PR nightmare
-Cruzan flame(Resident Rum connoisseur?) Makes his welcome to the board post.
-Everyone proceeds the rookie/newbie hazing with barbs to gauge how this Cruzans skin is and to figure out whether he's a :flamingdevil or :koolaid.
-in Cruzans haste to dispel any rumors of allegiances he manages to incite the wrath of the boards grammar police.
- Jokes continue at BJ, PH, Cruz, and Postie's expenses
- Some people don't get those jokes
-Some people think this thread has gone down the rabbit hole
- A few Jesus Jukes where used in describing the hiring of our beloved(note sarcasm) AD and the thought process behind our Beloved(again read sarcasm) president in the hiring.
- Jokes about towers and erecting them( love you PH)
-More Jesus Jukes
-accusations of a ROCCOGROH reincarnation
-the rest I just can't really decipher. I mean I was a public school kid so I never claimed to be smart.
He obviously types in a manner that makes the McGuffey reader look like the original King James you troglodyte!
And who is Barb and is she hot ?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A few still remember my glory years on the hardwood. :oldhag
Last edited by Cider Jim on December 16th, 2016, 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I think we can all agree that in a flawed world, no vision by man is inherently perfect just because a man had it. So it's fine to be skeptical. Elite leaders welcome questions, because they know it makes them stronger. Leaders should always be able to answer "why?". And, "Because I said so" is not a valid answer.

The skeptics point to the examples failures of religious universities to maintain their moral high ground while growing an elite athletics department. On the other side, can anyone name an example of success?

It's fine to believe Liberty can do it, but that belief is based in faith, not fact. Nothing wrong with that, just reality. I'd love it to happen. But somewhere along the way we may encounter a point in the process that shows it can't be done.

And so now, the decision to bring in the administrator who oversaw the boom of Baylor athletics while the school lost the moral high ground, is a reasonable one to question. It could be re-stated as, "Did we just bring in seone to do what we want to do, and lead us where we want to go, who has shown a pattern of doing it in the way we don't want to do it?"
ballah09 wrote:Looks like the first coach to resign under McCaw is Jodie Murphy and of all coaches at Liberty she had to "quit" :roll:
With all due respect Ballah, given the success of the field hockey team since infancy, Coach Murphy would be about 5th or 6th most likely to be forced to resign.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
ballah09 wrote:Looks like the first coach to resign under McCaw is Jodie Murphy and of all coaches at Liberty she had to "quit" :roll:
With all due respect Ballah, given the success of the field hockey team since infancy, Coach Murphy would be about 5th or 6th most likely to be forced to resign.
You totally misread him BJ Note the eye-rolling emoji indicating sarcasm
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well given that we only have two other female HCs it would have to be an assistant if that was the case coach JK
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
SOR tweeted this quote from McCaw, which seemingly indicates going FBS Indy is a possibility

The online version of this interview with Damian does not include this quote I guess it could have only appeared in the print version, which sometimes happens

Scheduling 11 or 12 football games as an FBS Independant would be tough, but doable Filling full schedules for all sports is another matter entirely I really don't think it is feasable to make this move unless the BSC (or some other conference) would keep\take us for other sports

Keep in mind that unless the NCAA made an exception we could not be considered for a bowl, and if we exceeded the FCS scholarship limit of 63 we could not be in the FCS playoffs
olldflame wrote:SOR tweeted this quote from McCaw, which seemingly indicates going FBS Indy is a possibility

The online version of this interview with Damian does not include this quote I guess it could have only appeared in the print version, which sometimes happens

Scheduling 11 or 12 football games as an FBS Independant would be tough, but doable Filling full schedules for all sports is another matter entirely I really don't think it is feasable to make this move unless the BSC (or some other conference) would keep\take us for other sports

Keep in mind that unless the NCAA made an exception we could not be considered for a bowl, and if we exceeded the FCS scholarship limit of 63 we could not be in the FCS playoffs
This is and has always been a horrific idea. It's one of the founding tenets of :flamingdevil
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Liberty has the money to offer guarantee games so it wouldn't be hard to get a p5 school here or any other school for that fact. Jr wants fbs at all cost so you'll know he'll be waving that cash out.

And if the Big South wants to kick Liberty out they wouldn't have no problem joining the Atlantic Sun. They're still desperate for members.
ballah09 wrote:Liberty has the money to offer guarantee games so it wouldn't be hard to get a p5 school here or any other school for that fact. Jr wants fbs at all cost so you'll know he'll be waving that cash out.

And if the Big South wants to kick Liberty out they wouldn't have no problem joining the Atlantic Sun. They're still desperate for members.
To stay with the musical theme

[youtube]54BCLYNkFKg[/youtube]

Please, this is another version of Kyle Rodes but […]

Virginia

sorry, I meant you cannot generate bat speed with […]

2024 Commit: PG Brett Decker

At the very least, he'll be a noticeable upgrade t[…]

2024 NCAA Tournament

I believe Mark has accepted the Vanderbilt job. […]