Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Britton Giroux
Hello Fellow Liberty Folks,

Please consider signing this petition to ask Jerry Falwell, Jr. to remove Ian McCaw as LU athletic director (link), if you're so inclined. My personal opinion is that Liberty can and should do better than Mr. McCaw.

- Britton Giroux, '06.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Everyone, and I do mean everyone within LU community, should support this hire. Give the guy a chance to lead LU to next level. LU did proper background checks. Pay attention to Jerry's interviews/comments. I have trust in him to do what's right for LU.

This petition thing, reminds me of the recent election losers.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Everyone, and I do mean everyone within LU community, should support this hire. Give the guy a chance to lead LU to next level. LU did proper background checks. Pay attention to Jerry's interviews/comments. I have trust in him to do what's right for LU.

Funny thing that background check. Didn't talk to the one person who has done more research into the incident than anyone else. They talked to who they wanted to talk to to get the answers they wanted to get.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I will not be signing the petition. But this gives some of you that have been super critical a chance to back up the bark.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Britton Giroux wrote:Hello Fellow Liberty Folks,

Please consider signing this petition to ask Jerry Falwell, Jr. to remove Ian McCaw as LU athletic director (link), if you're so inclined. My personal opinion is that Liberty can and should do better than Mr. McCaw.

- Britton Giroux, '06.
WOW - You are unbelievable. You are so quick to jump on a fellow Christian. Why? Because you know the whole situation better than the board at Baylor, the coaches, his wife or his 4 children. Because you are better than him? Because you sin less? He's an accomplished AD, with an amazing record of achievement and nobody from Baylor - students, coaches, fans, competing AD's and the past or current administration, have had one bad thing to say about the guy, but you are more "in the know" and you think that he should never be allowed to work in a profession God gave him a gift for.

Britton - where do you work? I would like everyone to consider signing this petition to ask Britton Giroux's Boss to remove Britton Giroux as an employee (link), if you're so inclined. My personal opinion is that any business can and should do better than Mr. Giroux.

What a world we live in... One where someone can get accused of a crime, get judged and juried by the general public and then wants to hold a guy so far removed from the situation accountable. For what? Because he wasn't willing to play God and run right to a media outlet and report players on a crime they MIGHT have committed, ignore proper protocol and handle it himself and ignore his judicial committee, or say he's unfit for work for a decision that everyone else thinks he SHOULD have made. None of you were in his shoes. Stop judging him and welcome him, or you know what? Britton - DON'T GO TO ANY MORE GAMES AT LIBERTY. I just hope you aren't a sports fan, because every college has their warts and every college has an AD - Good luck finding that perfect college with perfect players and a AD that has always made the perfect decisions.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Everyone, and I do mean everyone within LU community, should support this hire. Give the guy a chance to lead LU to next level. LU did proper background checks. Pay attention to Jerry's interviews/comments. I have trust in him to do what's right for LU.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000007
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:

- Britton Giroux, '06.
WOW - You are unbelievable. You are so quick to jump on a fellow Christian. Why? Because you know the whole situation better than the board at Baylor, the coaches, his wife or his 4 children. Because you are better than him? Because you sin less? He's an accomplished AD, with an amazing record of achievement and nobody from Baylor - students, coaches, fans, competing AD's and the past or current administration, have had one bad thing to say about the guy, but you are more "in the know" and you think that he should never be allowed to work in a profession God gave him a gift for.

Britton - where do you work? I would like everyone to consider signing this petition to ask Britton Giroux's Boss to remove Britton Giroux as an employee (link), if you're so inclined. My personal opinion is that any business can and should do better than Mr. Giroux.

What a world we live in... One where someone can get accused of a crime, get judged and juried by the general public and then wants to hold a guy so far removed from the situation accountable. For what? Because he wasn't willing to play God and run right to a media outlet and report players on a crime they MIGHT have committed, ignore proper protocol and handle it himself and ignore his judicial committee, or say he's unfit for work for a decision that everyone else thinks he SHOULD have made. None of you were in his shoes. Stop judging him and welcome him, or you know what? Britton - DON'T GO TO ANY MORE GAMES AT LIBERTY. I just hope you aren't a sports fan, because every college has their warts and every college has an AD - Good luck finding that perfect college with perfect players and a AD that has always made the perfect decisions.
^Seriously, this is inappropriate. We can all disagree but this is incredibly out of line.

If you truly believe that McCaw isn't at least partly responsible, then this petition shouldn't upset you in the least. Your insecurities are unbelievably evident when you respond like that to a simple petition. Ridiculous.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:

- Britton Giroux, '06.

Had LU waited until the investigation was over I wouldn't be nearly as upset about it as I am. That is what this is about to most of us. If the investigation finds nothing then that is great news but until that happens I will not give my support to this hire.

I don't get why this is so hard to understand.
By Jonathan Carone
R i wrote:I will not be signing the petition. But this gives some of you that have been super critical a chance to back up the bark.
I'm critical of the hire because of all the unknowns and the timing of it but I wouldn't say we should remove him. What's done is done. He's in the boat right now where he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because there are so many questions surrounding the situation, but that benefit can be earned by how handles things moving forward.
By Jonathan Carone
prototype wrote:

I've said it before and I'll continue saying it: the blind loyalty to the Falwells is dangerous and scary. I don't agree with a petition to remove him, but I'm not going to give my 100% unquestioned loyalty to a man who is still under investigation for covering up multiple sexual assaults.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
prototype wrote:

- Britton Giroux, '06.

Had LU waited until the investigation was over I wouldn't be nearly as upset about it as I am. That is what this is about to most of us. If the investigation finds nothing then that is great news but until that happens I will not give my support to this hire.

I don't get why this is so hard to understand.
Even Falwell didn't go so far as to say NOBODY had anything bad to say about him
I will just refer back to the Jessica Luther interview. She encapsulated my thoughts very well
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
prototype wrote:

I've said it before and I'll continue saying it: the blind loyalty to the Falwells is dangerous and scary. I don't agree with a petition to remove him, but I'm not going to give my 100% unquestioned loyalty to a man who is still under investigation for covering up multiple sexual assaults.
I'll not be surprised when LU opens a satellite campus in French Guiana
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:Man, someone got their knickers in a twist. LOL
Well he's vertically challenged so....
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Lol. Just sharing my passion with you guys. I will grab a burger with anyone, anytime. Nothing personal. I'm all for the freedom of petitions, but not for one that is asking for someone to be fired. This guys going to be coming to town and his family has to feel so much hate and bitterness the second they get here and not one, not even me knows him personally or his heart. Just saying - give him a chance. I just think it's the hatered of Jerry that is keeping people from passing judgement. If Jerry sr. brought him in - it would have been a different story, imo.

Guy deserves the benefit of the doubt... why? Because we should practice what we preach. What if this happen to your father and you knew he was a good man? Would you support a petition to get him removed?

Haize. Read your report. Didn't change my opinion one bit. He didn't cover up any scandal, imo - he just dealt with a situation that nobody ever wants to be dealt and he made a decision that would have been ridiculed anyway he handled it.

My opinion.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
prototype wrote:

+1
this is one of the dumbest thing Ive read on here. The fact you just tried to make a gross comparison. One has charges and you're making a comparison to someone's work performance you don't like. Its not "lets sign a petition because we hate their views" petition. Dude still has charges covering up sexual assault. I would be fine if he's cleared but right now it looks like he had some part into the cover up. Not everyone deserves second chances. You lose that privilege committing atrocious crimes. I suppose you would support a guy like Sandusky being hired because he should get a "second chance". Also looks like you supported Asa when he was playing with charges on him? which he was guilty of. Who cares about proven until guilty.

and I'll sign it even though it won't get anywhere
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Again this wouldn't be a big deal if the investigation was over and had cleared the man. If I was under investigation for allegedly not reporting sexual assault I have a feeling I'd have a hard time finding work. Just saying.

My disagreement is with Jerry Jr hiring a man under investigation. I know very little about Ian and would never allow my opinion of this hire to justify attacking him personally or his family. Anybody doing that should be ashamed but I haven't seen any of that on this message board.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Lol. Just sharing my passion with you guys. I will grab a burger with anyone, anytime. Nothing personal. I'm all for the freedom of petitions, but not for one that is asking for someone to be fired. This guys going to be coming to town and his family has to feel so much hate and bitterness the second they get here and not one, not even me knows him personally or his heart. Just saying - give him a chance. I just think it's the hatered of Jerry that is keeping people from passing judgement. If Jerry sr. brought him in - it would have been a different story, imo.

Guy deserves the benefit of the doubt... why? Because we should practice what we preach. What if this happen to your father and you knew he was a good man? Would you support a petition to get him removed?

Haize. Read your report. Didn't change my opinion one bit. He didn't cover up any scandal, imo - he just dealt with a situation that nobody ever wants to be dealt and he made a decision that would have been ridiculed anyway he handled it.

My opinion.
Did you read Baylor's statement? Where it says he knew about a gang rape and didn't report it. To anyone? That's sort of a cover up don't ya think.
I know people who have been in similar situations. It's a horrible position to be in. I've seen in handled so much better. I've seen it come back around and people took responsibility for their actions or inaction. But this ranks a smidge better than how Penn State handled this situation.
I just come back to the interview with Jessica Luther. She asks a lot of good questions that should be answered before you make a hire of this nature. Acting put off that people have those questions doesn't exactly build confidence
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Prototype. Good post above.

Jerry Jr. hit a home run with this hire.
With a extra pine tar on his corked bat while cycling on steroids
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

My opinion.
You've charged others as being "judgmental" and "hypocrites". You want others to give McCaw the benefit of the doubt. That's fine. Perhaps you might want to give his detractors the same...you don't know what might be driving some of their ire. I doubt it's all because Jerry supported Trump.

"Knowing" McCaw is not a requirement to have an opinion. Some are basing their decisions on a Baylor-sanctioned report. Others may be less certain but nonetheless have concern what this hire, with the attendant controversy, means for a school they love and support when other good AD's certainly could have been available. I fall into the latter but he's here, not going anywhere. so I hope it works out for the best which would mean not only a winning sports program but a program above reproach.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote:
You've charged others as being "judgmental" and "hypocrites". You want others to give McCaw the benefit of the doubt. That's fine. Perhaps you might want to give his detractors the same...you don't know what might be driving some of their ire. I doubt it's all because Jerry supported Trump.

"Knowing" McCaw is not a requirement to have an opinion. Some are basing their decisions on a Baylor-sanctioned report. Others may be less certain but nonetheless have concern what this hire, with the attendant controversy, means for a school they love and support when other good AD's certainly could have been available. I fall into the latter but he's here, not going anywhere. so I hope it works out for the best which would mean not only a winning sports program but a program above reproach.
You're right John. I have tagged people as being judgmental and, at times, hypocritical, but hypocritical was more for the endless bashing of Jerry, Jr. No Haize - I'm not a blind supporter of Jerry, Jr., I'm loyal to a guy who has done wonderful things for Liberty and leads the University the best way he knows how. I disagree with most peoples perspective on him and feel it wrong to love him and then abandon him right when you find one thing to disagree with him on. AND I have known him a Lot longer than most on this board. I worked with his dad for many years and saw many of the same characteristics and actions in Senior, that everyone complains about Junior on here.

I'm not asking people on here to change their personal feelings about McCaw - I'm asking to stop this madness of slandering a fellow follower of Christ and give him a chance, before we actively post all over the internet how bad of guy he is. Yes, there was report written - I get that. Did he cover up anything, IMO, no. Nothing in the report said he actively tried to deceive police, by hiding evidence, intimidating witnesses, or in anyway let a rapist run free to rape again. These were accusations and I pray that no one on this board ever get wrongly accused of something, because it has proven on this board - that we are quick to judge. Did I support Asa Chapman? You bet I did. Up until the time he was found guilty... I supported letting him continue to play games, until he was actually found guilty. If he was found not-guilty, and we suspended him for 6 games, basically the rest of the season, Liberty would have destroyed his life - I'm all about supporting people until they give me a reason not to. Lots of false reports are filed daily, for lots of different reasons.

I'm fine with people having a difference of opinion, but I disagree with Publicly raising support and feeding a story about someone that NO ONE on this board knows, and acting like they know more than leadership at Liberty (Not just Jerry vetted McCaw), because they read a report online or saw an OTL lines TV show that said McCaw should be held FULLY responsible just because he was the AD.

And to compare this situation to Penn State's is absurd... That needs to stop. Baylor's troubles did not include innocent children - that's a Black and White issue. Sexual assault cases are much more complicated, normally involve situations where alcohol is present, and in a lot of cases involve a lot of he said/she said situations. I went to a BIG public University, and saw a lot of really stupid decisions being made at Parties, and most ended with people regretting what they did and them trying to justify their actions by saying it was someone else's fault. You know who all this anger and investigation effort should be pointed at - the athletes involved. No one even knows their names or are even tries to get to the truth of the actual situation, we are just so preoccupied with trying to find fault in Leadership at Baylor, because they should have figured out a way to stop men and women from sinning.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]